Amazing pic from satellite

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are mouse and keyboard controls for moving around and zoom. It's amazing how much is out there so far beyond our tiny little world.

http://home.exetel.com.au/bmgoau/space/008_1561b2.html
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is really cool. It is interesting how when you zoom in alot of what you think are single stars are actually galaxies that contain millions of stars.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

That was cool! I wish we could zoom in even closer. Maybe one day. :)
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like Carl Sagan said, astronomy is a humbling and character building experience.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is an awesome find! I really enjoyed looking at all of those galaxies and stars.

@kc0tma: It certainly is... it''s so huge it is hard to grasp am idea of it...
  • Jenie0109
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Outer Space is really huge. We are just a spec of dust. And I read somewhere that space could get bigger.
  • devilwood
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

The universe has been deemed as expanding due to red shift and blue shift test of celestial bodies. These findings corroborate the big bang theory. As far as finding another planet like Earth.... I used to think because of the size of the universe that the probability of finding one increased proportionally. However, I was not dividing by the coincidential nature of the formation of the moon and it's regards to the development of life especially human life. So, that decreases the chances of another EXACT Earth tremendously. The other difficult task is that most planets are near stars/suns and are specs of dust. For scientist looking into the great black yonder, a planet is extremely hard to see cause they emit no light themselves.. like looking at a person standing in front of a car with the headlights on bright. So, the only thing they can do is look for magnetic distortions for even the exitence now they have to determine the planet's composition. Good Luck. There's definitely another planet with the same makeup as Earth or even early Earth, but as for developing the same... not so much.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool find UPS. I agree with dM wish we could zoom further. Kinda create that flying through space feel.
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Awsome find.
I am amazed that you can zoom in as much as you can. Pretty awsome. Give it 10 or 20 years and that will look beyond outdated. I love technology! =)
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

CXLink wrote:
Cool find UPS. I agree with dM wish we could zoom further. Kinda create that flying through space feel.

That would be very cool!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can probably create a similar thing using POVRay and Flash. I wasn't all that impressed
  • Wicked_Goddess
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like it, just beautiful.. Hope we can have it zoom a little bit more;)
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
I can probably create a similar thing using POVRay and Flash. I wasn't all that impressed

I don't know about others but I was aiming my awe at the content of the presentation... the universe... the satellite picture.
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:

Grumpy Old Man! :P

The content was good if put together simply. But I think simple is better in most cases.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:

Thanks for volunteering! We're looking forward to your final product. :D
  • Zwirko
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: 55° N, 3° W

Post 3+ Months Ago

For those who'd like more info on the image: it is, of course, the very famous Hubble Ultra Deep Field image: wiki link, NASA link.

Over 10,000 galaxies in that image...

*cough" for those wishing to create their own, here's the download page for the originals: link
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here's another neat thing I just stumbled on. Use your mouse to drag around and get different views.

http://www.fukhaos.com/labs/espaco.html
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
*cough" for those wishing to create their own, here's the download page for the originals

Now, now...he said he could do it...so that means original deep space pics and all.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

UPSGuy wrote:
Now, now...he said he could do it...so that means original deep space pics and all.

*note I said "similar" - POVRay is a digital generation proggy but I can create space, stars and galaxies, etc with it.

"Similar" does not assume original pics.

I also said I could "probably" do it. But now that I'm challenged, I think I might give it a shot. Don't expect it anytime soon tho. My time is seriously challenged for the next several weeks.

For those who missed the competitions
gallery/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=5
gallery/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=14
gallery/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=22
gallery/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=31

Still want to challenge me?
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Those links don't work. :( Let me say this first - I was just messing with you. I remember several of the landscape flyover movies you used to do & I've seen lots of your art work. You challenged yourself, I just want to see the end product. It's like going into a forum and saying you hacked a website - proof or it didn't happen!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry about those links. Just go to the OZZU photo gallery and search for me. Scroll through the pages of my photos. There's 4 galaxy pics there. And yeah, I know you were messing with me. Now though I'd really kind of like to play with it to see what I could do. Would improve both my POVRay skills and Flash. The zoom and the panorama would be what would be the real challenge. Making Galaxies is a breeze with the Galaxy include in Povray. There's like 64,000 random seeds to generate with.
  • bhanusa23
  • Born
  • Born
  • bhanusa23

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like it.i have nice experience.please send me a some more sites like this.I am amazed that you can zoom in as much as you can.
Thanks for post. It’s really informative stuff.
I really like to read.Hope to learn a lot and have a nice experience here! my best regards guys!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 22 posts