Anyone ever dealt with Previsor ?

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

UPDATE: This has been resolved.

I entered into contract with Previsor (owner of brainbench.com) on April 7th of 2008 for a project which was supposed to commence on April 11th 2008 and be finished by June 6th 2008.

I was not given access to Previsors' system so I could get started on the first phase of the project until April 24th 2008, more than two weeks late. On the 24th when I was given access, I was also notified that I had until the 28th of April 2008 (4 days) to finish this first phase of the project.

I turned my work into Previsors' project manager on April 27th 2008, a day early. This was a Sunday & Previsors' project manager assured me they would follow up on Monday.

On Friday May 2nd 2008 after no follow up I sent an enquiry to Previsors' project manager. I was notified by Previsors project manager that they had an issue with their email system. I was also notified that they made a last minute staff change & that once the new staff member was caught up I would receive details for the next phase of the project. This was supposed to be about a 30-33 day process.

On May 22nd 2008 (20 days later) I was notified that my turned in work was "very good" & that I was waiting on another project member to finish their tasks so that I could get started on my next phase.
I was informed that this should take 4-5 weeks.

On July 1st 2008 (5 weeks later) I sent an enquiry to Previsors project manager. I was notified that the person I was waiting on had requested an extension & they were on track to be complete by July 6th 2008.

On July 7th 2008 I was given the details I needed to begin my second phase of the project I was contracted by Previsor to do. I was informed that my deadline was July 15th 2008 (7 days).

I turned in my work on July 11th 2008 (4 days early).

On July 17th 2008 I was informed that my turned in work was satisfactory, that it had "Been a pleasure working with me", & notified that my request for payment would be put in for processing once I verified some personal information.

On July 18th 2008 I responded with the requested information & was notified my request was being processed.
I was told I should receive payment withing the next two weeks.

On August 3rd 2008 (2 & a half weeks later) I sent an enquiry to Previsors project manager since I had heard nothing. I was ensured that they would ask Accounting about this because it had definitely been two weeks.

On August 4th 2008 I was informed that Previsors Payroll person had been on vacation & that payment would be sent out later that week.

On August 18th 2008 I caught the mail carrier as he was filling my apartment complexes mailboxes. I stayed with the mail carrier for roughly 5 minutes while they checked all of the mail slots to make sure everyones' mail was in the right place. The only mail that was a-miss had been a single letter for the lady who lived in my old apartment that had moved out something like a year ago.

On August 20th I enquired once again about payment, this time to see if it had even been sent.
I was apologised to for the continued delays & informed that "all payments will be out by next week".

--

I have been nothing but patient with Previsor, I've even had my work turned in before the deadlines.
My project manager, has been nothing but helpful in the communications I've had with him & I really hate to throw him under the bus because of this experience, but this is ridiculous.
Hopefully Previsor will get their act together & get me paid sometime in the near future so I can update this thread with good news.

Am I the only one getting screwed around like this by Previsor, or is this just how Previsor does business ?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If the monetary amount is significant enough, threaten claims court. You don't have to do it, of course, but the threat might be sufficient to light a fire.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
If the monetary amount is significant enough, threaten claims court. You don't have to do it, of course, but the threat might be sufficient to light a fire.

Second, that.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow joe, that's actually pretty pathetic, I have had a situation like that with a previous employer, it is now 2 years later and I still haven't been paid, none the less, this is a bad situation to be in ... Is there no way they can make a payment bypassing the Accounting department?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
but the threat might be sufficient to light a fire

I'm betting on this thread being on the first page of Googles' results when someone looks up previsor being enough of a spark for now.
I figure by the time it's the second or third result someone at Previsor will take notice and work towards getting me taken care of.

It would be a shame to have a thread like this, on a site visited mainly by your target market, started by an established contributor at that site, sitting there staring anyone thinking of doing business with Previsor in the face when they turn to Google to see what they're getting themselves into.

The kicker ? Previsor approached me in the beginning.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know if this was me I would be upset. The thing is they set deadlines and you always got your work done early. Everytime they stated a date for when they would get something done, they seemed to miss them, they cannot follow their own deadlines. I know if I was doing freelance work with them I would be very frustrated and would move on unless they gave me a huge apology explaining the circumstances and that it wouldn't happen again.

If on their 2nd chance they still have issues then I would call it quits. Really, it is not that difficult to pay somebody -- and if they really love your work you think they would be on top of that to keep you happy and wanting to do more for them.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had a visit from UPS today, here's a photo of what the delivery person had me sign for.

Attachments:
DSCF1209.JPG

It's been a slow process, but so far they've made good.
I'll be sure to update this thread again when the check clears. cleared

Thanks for the show of support guys, it hasn't gone unnoticed.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts