Anyone from Florida?

• vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

We are getting ready to go on vacation down in Sanibel in about 2 days and it seems that there are isolated storms like everyday, and its been that way for like a week. Is there any sun down there?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used to live there (Ft. Lauderdale). Set your watch...count on rain about 2-3 PM everyday and added humidity thereafter. Take your camera along though...the rainbows are spectacular.
  • Khazadum
  • Loc: Orlando

Post 3+ Months Ago

WHOA! Im going to Sanibel in about 3 days...leaving this coming saturday. Normally I live in Orlando Area in Florida.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

So you live in Orlando?...has it been raining everyday? I am just worried Im spending all this money and I am going to be stuck in the condo all week.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sanibel is about a 3hr drive from here. If you swing by Sarasota, it'd be cool to hook up for a beer or ten :)

The mornings & early afternoons have been extremely sunny... Then around 4pm hits and all hell breaks loose. Bring the camera! You'll get some outstanding lightning shots :mrgreen:
  • Khazadum
  • Loc: Orlando

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah, it was actually rather dry today...its pretty overcast most of the day, however. at least here in orlando. usually there is a shower or two throughout the day, but nothing you can rough out.
  • Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Eagle Vale, Sydney (Campbo Chickadee)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have fun anf good luck Veto! I wanna see pics when you get back!!
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

No problem...there will be many...
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

One thing I am beginning to hate is that I cannot find one car rental company that won't charge me like 25.00 a day extra because I am under 25! Ill be 25 in a little over a month, cmon...Im responsible!
  • Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Eagle Vale, Sydney (Campbo Chickadee)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh God I get that here in Australia too and I HATE it!! Its not fair!!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm a couple hours north from AXE in Clearwater (I know sanibel is south of AXE, just giving an idea of how broad the storms are).

Every day this week I look outside and think "The weather man's crazy, it's not going to rain today :? " Sure enough, every day the storm finds it's way through the sun as AXE says about 4PM, rains for an hour or so, then leaves the rest of the day to overcast with patches of blue.

All in all, as long as you get an early start on each day the trip should still be worth it :D

vetofunk wrote:
One thing I am beginning to hate is that I cannot find one car rental company that won't charge me like 25.00 a day extra because I am under 25! Ill be 25 in a little over a month, cmon...Im responsible!

Enterprise rent-a-car.
With credit card in hand over the counter, when they give you the total ask "That's the total without the business discount right ?!? :? " pulling your credit card closer to you, tilting your head back, looking like your about to ask for the manager.

This almost always saves my boss a few bucks when they shave off some random percentage to keep him happy.
Every once in awhile you get a stickler that will tell you there is no such thing.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, actually my roomate is a manager for Enterprise out here and he hooked me up. He just doesn't know if they will give me a hard time for being under 25 and then charge me more.

Axe, if I am out towards Sarasota, Ill send you a pm. Ill still have my laptop on me, just never know if I will use it.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hope to hear from you vetofunk :)

Have a safe trip :)
  • Maxis
  • Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, Sunny Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I live in Ft. Lauderdale. I go to Sanibel Island once a year to photograph wild life. Nice area! :lol:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts