Anyone know about Cashforlaptops.com?

• ericpao81
  • Born
  • Born
  • ericpao81

Post 3+ Months Ago

My laptop is fried and wont turn on, due to my idiot best friend spilling beer all over it. : ( The site Cashforlaptops.com is offering me $245 for it which considering the circumstance would be great.
Does anyone have and experience with these guys?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would sell it if i were you.

My pda recently got water. Now it's damaged,can't use the touch screen anymore. nor can the functions work now. Do u know of any sites are willing to buy pda?
  • Evenhost
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've never heard of them before but I just did a brief google search and found several postings on different forums by people claiming to have done business with them and they seem to be legit, I just checked the domain registration information and the domain was registered in 2004 and expires in 2013, the fact that they have been around for four years and have already paid for the domain through 2013 usually indicate that it is not a fly by night operation.

Here is the Better Business Bureau report for the company: http://search.bbb.org/Results.aspx?url= ... aptops.com

They were given an unsatisfactory rating, however members of the Fraud Watchers forum said that while the company sometimes had unsatisfactory phone and e-mail communication they paid and the checks cleared.

In my opinion they seem to be a legit business but you should do your own research and decide for yourself.

hope this helps
  • danbachman
  • Born
  • Born
  • danbachman

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have dealt with cashforlaptops.com. All of the above is true. They are legit, but the service is poor. Only on one circumstance did they fail to pay the quoted amount...I had a 3-year old notebook with a celeron processor and they quoted me $310 for it. The offer seemed too good to be true as I saw units on ebay going for around $250-$275. However, since I had luck in the past I decided to go for it with cashforlaptops.com. After they got the laptop they claimed an internal error took place on their website and they would only offer $200 for the laptop.

My only other feedback is that they tend to offer low values on more expensive items. I have a macbook pro 2.2ghz laptop, which they only offer $600 for the item, though I can get around $1,200 on eBay. For higher dollar laptops I recommend trying jaybrokers.com. They seem to do better on the more expensive items (not as good on the cheaper laptops though)...and their service at jay brokers is first class, much better than cashforlaptops.com.

So, if you have a cheap laptop, use cashforlaptops.com, knowing you'll get paid eventually though the service sucks. If you have an expensive laptop, chances are you'll be better off with jaybrokers.com to sell your laptop.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

So if ebay is getting you such a better deal, why not just sell it on ebay instead?
  • danbachman
  • Born
  • Born
  • danbachman

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
So if ebay is getting you such a better deal, why not just sell it on ebay instead?

I used to use ebay until I sold my powermac g5 last year. It was purchased by a legit buyer with some 400+ feedback. The buyer sent payment via paypal with a confirmed address and verified status. I shipped it promptly within 24 hours and then about 1 day later paypal reversed the payment claiming it was unauthorized. Meanwhile the powermac was already on its way to be delivered to the buyer. I asked the buyer about the payment but never got a response. 6 months later and I am still out $1,400+ with no real explanation from paypal. That is why I'd rather get a lesser amount that I at least know is guaranteed rather than risk losing it all on ebay. Paypal and ebay simply don't care about sellers anymore, they have gamed the site to appeal to buyers only.
  • behappy
  • Born
  • Born
  • behappy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I see discussion on the price being paid by cashforlaptops.com after the product has been sent. I always wonder if the sender has answered all the questions correctly.

There are so many things that can go wrong, or be wrong with equipment that has not been used for a while. When people are selling laptops there are often more that one problem with it, and sometimes the owner is unaware of this.

Or even if they are aware of it, they may not understand the value if something is not working.
  • Merlot
  • Born
  • Born
  • Merlot

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cashforlaptops claims to be the first and original online laptop buyer. After reading their reviews you can be almost sure that they will lower the price for your laptop after receiving it. Much better impression makes LaptopTraderExpress I didn't find a bad word about them. I'm sending them my MacBook. They offer the best price for it and promise the fastest service.
  • blahblah
  • Born
  • Born
  • blahblah

Post 3+ Months Ago

THEY DO NOT GIVE YOU THE QUOTE PRICE!
I sold two laptops to them, now i regret it. I should of used the other sites.

I had a broken laptop, which i did state correctly during the quote. I was quoted for $95 but i got an offer of $65. they said there was cosmetic damage on the laptop and was not able to offer me $95. The laptop was perfect! my first laptop was also quoted less for the same exact reason even though it looked great!

listen to the waiting message on the customer service line, they say they will not reduce the amount due to cosmetic damage but it was a lie. they also said they may reduce the amount for other reasons up to 20%, but mine was reduce to almost 30%!

if you send in your laptop, expect to get about 30% less than your quote.
  • marybrowser 1
  • Born
  • Born
  • marybrowser 1

Post 3+ Months Ago

FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD with Cash for laptops service. I sent them a perfectly good system was quoted 200 for it and was heckled and played with regarding the final settlement. The thing is, they get your laptop and you are at their mercy. Not worth it in my opinion.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts