Is anyone one using Twitter? Let Us Know Here!!

• RedBMedia
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey everyone. I use Twitter on a daily basis to meet new people and communicate with friends, I have actually gotten several very large clients through Twitter and have made contact with a few "big names". I would love to connect with anyone on this forum on Twitter as well! Visit my Twitter page with the link below. But, more importantly, add your Twitter link to this thread so we can all follow each other!

http://www.twitter.com/joehall

Thanks!
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Clients for what type of work?
  • RedBMedia
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don2007 wrote:
Clients for what type of work?

Web Development for social media, see my site in the signature for info on what we do.

Twitter is chalk full of web entrepreneurs and internet marketing folks that are constantly looking for developers, all you have to do is befriend people that are into those field, before long others with learn about your work from folks that you have done work for and your name on the network gets around.

I really think that any developer that is looking for extra work should give it a try!
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have met some fantastic developers like you said, RedBMedia. I have followed him(s) and in return he(s) followed back. Just that, I am not ready yet to post my ID for public.

I agreed with your last statement.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

What kind of text messages does Twitter send you if you give them your number ?
  • RedBMedia
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
What kind of text messages does Twitter send you if you give them your number ?

I think it depends on what app you choose. Twitter has a great API and as such there are many different Apps for different phones, but I think the default is SMS. you can set it though so only some text are sent, like only from certain people, or maybe you don't get any at all and just want to send out and use the web interface to read responses.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just don't want to start getting advertising text messages. :)

I found the API, I think I will look into patching SMS messages from my phone through my home server and from there to Twitter so I don't have to give them my phone number. :D
  • RedBMedia
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
I just don't want to start getting advertising text messages. :)

I found the API, I think I will look into patching SMS messages from my phone through my home server and from there to Twitter so I don't have to give them my phone number. :D

Or you could just use a third party app. Also, I have never received an ad through Twitter, ever. I don't use it on my phone. I use it purely on my desktop and netbook. i think the ones that use it on a phone mostly use an app like tweetberry or the app for iphone.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I could, but I've already got a server sitting here and know how to patch everything together so I might as well. :)

In any event, Ozzu has a new field for members to use when editing your profile now. ;)
  • RedBMedia
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
In any event, Ozzu has a new field for members to use when editing your profile now. ;)

Sweet! filled mine in! :D
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

RedBMedia wrote:
Hey everyone. I use Twitter on a daily basis to meet new people and communicate with friends, I have actually gotten several very large clients through Twitter and have made contact with a few "big names". I would love to connect with anyone on this forum on Twitter as well! Visit my Twitter page with the link below. But, more importantly, add your Twitter link to this thread so we can all follow each other!

Thanks!

Do you work for Twitter?
  • RedBMedia
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

camperjohn wrote:
RedBMedia wrote:

Thanks!

Do you work for Twitter?

LOL! No, I wish!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've been following Christopher Walkens twitter feed for a week or so now, I can't help but wonder if he's been getting his movie scripts via text message all these years.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just created a twitter account as well. My wife has been talking about it for awhile now so thought I might see what it is all about.

Also updated the profile info page on ozzu so that the twitter field will automatically link to your twitter page. For instance you can see mine here:

http://www.ozzu.com/member/Bigwebmaster
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Never really checked out this site as i never did understand what it was about.

Spent the last 5 minutes putting in usernames and there appears to be nothing available.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Eventually got username "sb6633"

SB obviously being my ozzu username and the 6633 being representative of my current post count. There was not alot of good usernames.
  • Wicked_Goddess
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

add me: http://twitter.com/Risse_Wicked
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
Eventually got username "sb6633"

SB obviously being my ozzu username and the 6633 being representative of my current post count. There was not alot of good usernames.

I lucked out and found something available on my second try.
I've been having about a 50% success rate getting my username on crowded sites in the last year or so. Apparently joebert is an actual name.

On some of the SEO/Marketing forums you'll see people that suggest actively searching for new social networking sites and registering your username even if you don't plan on using the site. Makes sense from an anti-slander point of view.
  • seogenies123
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • seogenies123

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,yes its a professional site ..you can communicate related to business and can earn business with this as well..so its a additional option for anyone ..

Thanks
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Be careful, guys!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2HAroA12w
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Video not available in my country. What is this about?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a cartoon where two guys in an office start talking about Twitter and one guy doesn't know what it is, then the other guy grabs him and they crash through the ceiling into the "twittersphere" with birds and stuff flying around.

Long story short the guy who didn't know about Twitter tells everyone who twitters constantly that they have no friends and then the Fail Whale comes and eats them all.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm quite glad i never actually saw it now :lol:
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bahhh whadda you guys know. :hmm:
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://twitter.com/davidbilbo | http://twitter.com/pushhere | http://twitter.com/fracturedsaints
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Twitter is just a fad, it will pass in time.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It might be a fad, but I enjoy it and everything in the tech passes in time (so I just enjoy it while I can). I didn't really like it at first, but then I got an app to run it and now it runs more like an instant messenger/status update. I use Twhirl, good stuff. I also didn't mind tweetdeck it just took up too much space.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

It wouldn't be so bad if our government and the main stream media wasn't so obsessed with it.
  • craniul 26
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • craniul 26

Post 3+ Months Ago

I never understood the appeal of a way to communicate the most mundane things you are doing in your life through a mass media system. I would never text somebody making dinner or take out an ad in the paper going on vacation next week. What is the appeal of twitter am I missing something here?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Look who took my name :x (I made my account there a whle ago and promptly deleted it... don't have the time to mess around with that).

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 36 posts