My Apologies

• Jako
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Jako

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really screwed up. I took advantage of this awesome site and that of unflux's as well. I take full responsibility for any of the trouble I caused. I removed my entire website and deleted the image. Though I did not steal the image from unflux. It is the same stock image that he has license of. At first when he said all that about paying for them, or leasing them or what not, I didn't believe it. So I continued with the arguement. That was one of my many mistakes. I should've listened to Unflux from the beginning seeing that he is a professional webdesigner and also much older then me and has had much more experience with this type of stuff etc.

Again, I would like to deeply apologize. Though what I did I would not call a rip, cause I made it by myself w/ like unflux's as a tutorial. But, what I did was still wrong. I have never ripped a sig or graphic from anyone, this is the only time an "incident" came up about this with me. So please, let's put this behind us and move on. I hope you all understand and can accept my apologies.

P.S. Can you remove the thread now about my site, it's just not good looking at us all aruge like that... :cry:

And actually you have the locked thread wrong about what I did. I did not steal copy right images from unflux. I searched for them on yahoo.com and found them. So how is that stealing from unflux unless he owns every pic of that online...So yet again, I come to the point of seeing I didn't really do anything wrong...But I'm going to just drop it and I hope you can too.

Thanks for everything,

Dave
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can't speak for UNFLUX or the rest of the mods, but thank you for taking the time and thought to post this. I'll take a look to see if there's any residue that needs cleaned up.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey man, lesson learned. Suck it up and drive on, thats all you can do. But don't let it deter you from designing websites man.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol: this must have been bigger than I thought. I missed the most of this I guess but I can say,
It takes a big person to admit thier mistakes, let alone do it in detail.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jako wrote:
And actually you have the locked thread wrong about what I did. I did not steal copy right images from unflux. I searched for them on yahoo.com and found them. So how is that stealing from unflux unless he owns every pic of that online...So yet again, I come to the point of seeing I didn't really do anything wrong...But I'm going to just drop it and I hope you can too.

You definetely DID something wrong. Even if you did not steal directly from Unflux, you did steal from wherever you found that picture. Just because a picture is publicly available on the Internet does not mean you have the legal rights to use it. All images taken/created by people have an assumed copyright that they own, whether or not they even mention it. If you took your own picture of a house with your camera for instance, the law protects you by giving you legal copyright ownership of that picture. There is a myth on the internet that by default all images are in the public domain for others to use unless they state that the image is explicitly copyrighted. That is not true. Images are not in the public domain unless there is a notice that specifically says they are. You cannot go around on the internet taking pictures and using them. This is illegal and wrong and just because you didn't take it from Unflux's website, doesn't mean you did nothing wrong. You were absolutely in the wrong as you simply stole from someone else.

Anyway thanks for the apology, however, I still am not sure you have learned the lesson if you think you did nothing wrong.
  • Jako
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Jako

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I was not aware of all these copyright laws. That is why I made the mistake in the first place. I now see I made a problem and this won't happen again. If I was aware of these strict laws I would have never done it in the first place.

So, Unflux bought the rights of the stock photos of these images correct? I would like to do the same so I don't get into copyright trouble. Any sites you can reccomend.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Usually you have some choices Jako. You can buy the license to use the images and do whatever you want with them, or you can find royalty free ones that offer similar privelges (A search at OZZU will provide you links to some of those).

Some Royalty free image sites have stipulations like a link back to their site. But like Bigwebmaster said, you just can't go taking images and do whatever you want with them at will. Not only is it mostly illegal, but it's certainly not ethical.
  • Jako
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Jako

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, I understand that now...Before I wasn't aware of all of these rules. My mistake
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

A day is not wasted if you learn something.
  • BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Cyprus

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
A day is not wasted if you learn something.

LIFE IS A NON ENDING BOOK, every day we learn something new.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts