Apple iPhone 3G

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

On Friday July 11, 2007 the Apple iPhone 3G made its debut. They say its twice as fast and half the price, but what many might not realize is that the monthly plan costs $10 more. I actually got my iPhone at the beginning of June (the first iPhone model) and soon realized that the new iPhone 3G was coming out in stores in July. I was thinking about returning it since I had 30 days and then would just wait it out and get the newer model, however, after looking into it more I decided I would stick with the one I had. I love the iPhone but I figured out the new one is $120 more a year and if I have this one for a few years that is $240 I save on my monthly fees, which makes up for half the price that they are claiming. In reality everybody will end up paying the same or more depending on how long they keep it.

Also when they released the new iPhone an update went to iTunes to upgrade all previous iPhones to the 2.0 software. So I get many of the new features anyway, except I do not get access to the 3G or installing games (which I probably wouldn't use).

Some of the features I love with the new iPhone software is the ability to check and delete multiple emails at once. Also the App Store is really great, I have already downloaded a few things things such as AIM, Remote (lets you remotely change songs on your computer through your iPhone), Facebook, Myspace, AOL Radio, BoxOffice (to check showtimes and rottentomatoes ratings), and Flashlight (which lets you use your iPhone as a flashlight or strobe light).

Have any of your purchased the Apple iPhone 3G? or what are your thoughts?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Almost everyone at my work has an iPhone and they were all talking about getting the new one, but they decided to wait I guess. Besides they still get access to the cool apps.

http://blog.laptopmag.com/best-most-use ... phonesaber

:D
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

We don't even have iPhones here in SA ... Dammit.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I nearly got the first iPhone when i started a re-started a contract with my previous provider when i got back from Australia. They were asking for about 130 pounds plus my 30 pound monthly fee just to get it.

I decided it wasn't worth the hassle and instead have a crappy Nokia N81 8GB.

As for anything new, it's worth just waiting to see what the vast majority of users think before opting to go for it. The original iPhone is still a pretty nifty phone, so if the only thing you are missing out on is 3G then i don't see it as being worth the hassle changing it. But that's just me.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Crappy N81 ... ? That's one of the best phones we can get over here ... I bought a Nokia 5310 ExpressMusic because I thought it was a rather nice phone and now you're saying that the N81 (which is way better than my phone) is crappy? argh.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's not crappy. Although it scratches very easily. I usually have my phone in my pocket and within a week or two of having it in my pocket the actual screen is pretty scratched. It's an okay phone, although i'm not entirely keen on the phones that slide open. I'm more keen on the flip open ones.

The best phone i've had was the Motorolla Razr. Unfortunately when travelling to Canada the phone was stolen at Toronto Airport just 1-2 months after i got the phone.

I might just have a look for that phone again on ebay, see how much they are selling for now as i really liked the phone.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think people who own iPhones like to smell their own farts. I put them up there with people who drive hybrids.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

hahaha classic.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm still using an LG 6100. I've had this thing for almost 5 years and still have yet to encounter any problems. If/when I do upgrade, I'll probably get a Razr, but I really don't like the software on a lot of the newer Verizon phones.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
The best phone i've had was the Motorolla Razr. Unfortunately when travelling to Canada the phone was stolen at Toronto Airport just 1-2 months after i got the phone.

That is what I had a few months ago, and I was happy with it. The reason I finally made the switch was because I accidently got the RAZR soaked in water and it shorted and died. Since I was planning on getting away from T-Mobile and moving to AT&T or Verizon, I decided to just go for the iPhone because I have never had a good phone before, I usually always opted for the free junk phones.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:
We don't even have iPhones here in SA ... Dammit.

Are you sure? I thought SA is already a technologically developed country, a lecturer here British turned SA-citizen, and now living in Malaysia, married. He seems to be researching a poject on e-Phone shopping and banking for the Lancaster U jointly with our college.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah I am sure ... I bought a new phone 2 weeks ago and there wasn't an option to choose an iPhone anywhere ... but I am sure we'll get it soon ...
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

we have iphones but they cost something like 600-700 euro... not worth it. I had a hot pink motorola razr (bought it to match my wallet) but I never liked it, the keys were not easy to press and everything took more clicks than it needed to..... lousy interface, I thought. pretty though.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

celandine wrote:
I never liked it, the keys were not easy to press and everything took more clicks than it needed to..... lousy interface, I thought. pretty though.

Exactly why I haven't upgraded, even though I'm eligible for a free upgrade every two years.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
SB wrote:

That is what I had a few months ago, and I was happy with it. The reason I finally made the switch was because I accidently got the RAZR soaked in water and it shorted and died. Since I was planning on getting away from T-Mobile and moving to AT&T or Verizon, I decided to just go for the iPhone because I have never had a good phone before, I usually always opted for the free junk phones.

You weren't in Toronto Airport on July 20th 2006 were you? :lol: :)
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

ha ha ha :D
  • jerryiscool3394
  • Born
  • Born
  • jerryiscool3394

Post 3+ Months Ago

I heard it was the same as the old i phone
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I recently purchased a Samsung BlackJack II and I love it! It was 3G before iPhone and it's got Windows Mobile, which I like. I was on the verge of choosing the iPhone, but...I don't know...I just can't bring myself to by anything Apple since I don't own a black turtleneck/polo neck/skivvy or drink lattes. I think that's a pre-requisite. :lol:
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah, so that's why i drink Lattes.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Spring Hill, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

get over it, it will be garbage just like everything else produced.
  • motherknucker
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Nowhere and Everywhere

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey iphone 3g is coming to my country next month
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago