Apples staggering growth in value

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Apple today became the highest valued American company in the world at $600 billion. What is particularly awe inspiring is the fact that it was little under two months ago they announced that they were valued at $500 billion. In fact, if you look at the chart in this article you'll see the companies value since May last year has nearly doubled.

:eek5:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

hhmm we should sue them for painful use of iTunes with iPhone! lol

But yea they are not making much just 50 billion a month, no wonder they have most cash then the country everyone is giving it to them. Soon they will become the Umbrella Apple Corporation.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Zealous wrote:
But yea they are not making much just 50 billion a month, no wonder they have most cash then the country everyone is giving it to them. Soon they will become the Umbrella Apple Corporation.

Don't mistake company value to that of the company bank balance. According to the link i added in the original post the bank balance was reported at the end of last year as $97.6 Billion. I very much doubt Apple are taking $50 Billion a month. If they were then i'd hate to see what their outgoings were on a monthly basis :o
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
Zealous wrote:

Don't mistake company value to that of the company bank balance. According to the link i added in the original post the bank balance was reported at the end of last year as $97.6 Billion. I very much doubt Apple are taking $50 Billion a month. If they were then i'd hate to see what their outgoings were on a monthly basis :o

i misunderstood but either way they are making bank. i still stand by they are taking over just as much as google. Come to think of it the bigger players have been buying up a few places last 6 months. It is all going to come down to a few company's that own everything.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

According to the reports released from Google the annual Gross profit for Year ending 31st December 2011 was $24.72 Billion. I've not seen any updates on Apples latest annual Gross Profit, however on September 24th 2011 the annual Gross profit of Apple was sitting at $25.92 billion. So, you are not wrong.

With that said though since September last year the iPhone 4S was released and more recently the iPad 3. So i would imagine that figure would be slightly higher.

There has been a bit of discussion that the technology world is going through a .com type boom. I don't suppose this will end in the immediate future, but to say that a few companies will own everything is not something i would agree on. So long as people are learning new technologies and some companies are releasing new technologies there will always be new start ups that may grow to be as big as Google, Facebook & Apple.

I think alot of new company founders could learn alot from Mark Zuckerberg.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
I think alot of new company founders could learn alot from Mark Zuckerberg.

Steal a great idea from stupid rich kids and then once it is famous and making lots of money you just pay it out and take your millions left over to the bank?

He was lucky on that one, also had some great talent and a lot of study but i still see him as lucky with "thefacebook". But he did revolutionize the internet which i will give him a hand of applause for.

End of the day all it takes is money and a smart idea, if his beat mate did not flow that first 10-20k for a investment then facebook may of never got off the ground. If you had a good idea and someone was willing to back it the whole way then there is no saying where it could go with the power of the internet community.

Look at apple, they have everyone's money now from working on commission based selling and most of the developers are paying to be contracted by them. it really does make you think sometimes what is really possible.
  • olioli0201
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • olioli0201

Post 3+ Months Ago

frankly speaking i am not surprised of this amount as according to all these applications you need and for which you are to pay they can easily earn this sum of money literally in couple of days :D
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

olioli0201 wrote:
frankly speaking i am not surprised of this amount as according to all these applications you need and for which you are to pay they can easily earn this sum of money literally in couple of days :D

easier said then done lol
  • brendonwalsh490
  • Born
  • Born
  • brendonwalsh490

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is not really surprising, Apple products are costly but also they are quality devices. I have an iPhone 4S and an iPad 2, even just started to build an own app (it will be sg similar to a sample program that you can find if you Google on: "ozeki-voip-sip-sdk/p_457"). I would not change from iOS devices and have some friends who think the same way. However, I have to admit that these are my first smartdevices. In my opinion it is not easy to convince someone to switch from the usual OS to another but this is only my opinion.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

But MAC is GOD

i am using windows now but it gives me more to do really, there is more settings and few painful processes but all in all i think it is a great OS. If my main computer was not a AMD thinks would be different, but i do have a Macbook pro sitting around and i am a fan of the sliding workspace on the touch pad, great little laptops they are :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts