• ArtphotoasiA
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Italy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here in Italy to see the movie Avatar we need to wait till... 15 jannuary.............. who is going to see the best movie ever? (maybe)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm actually looking forward to the release of Sherlock Holmes here in the US Christmas Day. But I do want to see Avatar. Looks kick arse.
  • ArtphotoasiA
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sherlock Holmes is going to be in movie theatre soon also in Italy it will be for cristhmas.........

but i think that will much to far from the original concept of sherlock character!!!
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not really excited about the Avatar movie mainly because i am not a fan of Sci-fi movies. Besides, for some reason there seems to be a big thing about the line "your not in Kansas anymore, your in Pandora!" which in terms of advertising the movie is really confusing the heck out of me. So bloody what if they are not in Kansas.

Like i say, not excited about Avatar. I feel it's being plugged too much with the expectation that it is going to be the best thing ever, so many people will probably feel disappointed as a result i feel.

Sherlock Holmes does look good, but not sure if i will wait until it is released on DVD or see it in Cinemas. I'll see what people say about it first then make a decision.

As we are on the subject of movies, check out "Law Abiding Citizen" which stars "300" actor (and fellow scotsman) Gerard Butler. The movie reminded me of the kind that you got in the late 90's. It was kinda refreshing to see. That topped with the good acting from Butler and Jamie Foxx.
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
Not really excited about the Avatar movie mainly because i am not a fan of Sci-fi movies. I feel it's being plugged too much with the expectation that it is going to be the best thing ever, so many people will probably feel disappointed as a result i feel.

On the other hand, if you are a sci-fi fan (!!), you know it is unlikely to be the best thing ever (that was A Scanner Darkly) but that it will probably be pretty darn good.

James Cameron is a talented and tasteful guy. He spent his money from Titanic on submersibles and made a couple of great documentaries, one of a dive to the real Titanic and one about previously undiscovered deep sea fauna ("Monsters of the Deep"). If he makes enough off Avatar, maybe he will start helping NASA out with the space exploration :P
  • dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not sure what Avatar is about.. seems like it came out of nowhere and is everywhere.. but nothing really known about it besides built from scratch or something.

I am more awaiting Avatar the Last Airbender movie.. never watched the cartoon, but it looks cool.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

dyfrin wrote:
I am more awaiting Avatar the Last Airbender movie.. never watched the cartoon, but it looks cool.

My sons and I love the Avatar cartoon. One of the best and most entertaining cartoons I've seen in a while.
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just saw the movie. Was really awesome. My girlfriend and I have been downloading movies from piratebay for about the last year or more, and have watched about 50+ movies. Avatar was the only movie that I really found was worth paying for. Really really enjoyed it.
  • ArtphotoasiA
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great.... it seams to be a great movie.... all the comments in the forums i posted till now are definetely posititive!

can't wait!!!
  • henrinaiara
  • henrinaiara

Post 3+ Months Ago

ArtphotoasiA wrote:
Here in Italy to see the movie Avatar we need to wait till... 15 jannuary.............. who is going to see the best movie ever? (maybe)

hmm.... its very good, but you must see it on 3d :D
  • ArtphotoasiA
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

15/1 I will be the first in line to buy the ticket!!! 3d of course!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you have a choice between the iMax (3D) and non-iMax version, definitely go iMax. It's incredible. :shock:

Awesome movie, there wasn't a single boring scene. I didn't even realize it was two and a half hours long until I looked at my phone while exiting the theater.

I thought it was going to be a sort of unrealistic fantasy movie and almost didn't go to see it. The story is actually believable though. :D
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

You know, i actually think i may see this because it seems to be getting alot of good reviews. It would only be in 3D though, anything other than that is a no go.

I really don't like sci fi movies, but i just have a feeling i might (just might) actually like it.
  • Puneet Thakkar
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

saw the movie 2 weeks back and its really awesome

mind blowing effects shown
  • darkman
  • darkman

Post 3+ Months Ago

i'm not really a fan of sci-fi but avatar was really awesome, i say it in 3D and must say it is one of the finest movies i have ever seen in 3D and also such a beautiful colors in it and so nice effects.

i really can say that avatar is a movie you MUST see.

regards
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

My wife and I saw this as well and we both loved it. Normally my wife does not like sci-fi movies but she suprisingly liked this one. It kept my attention the entire time, nothing ever boring.
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you liked "Aliens", there are some superficial references to that, and a lot of less superficial, thought-provoking parallels too.

It is kind of a great, strange inversion of Heart of Darkness. Fabulous.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

well i'll be.

Had a day off work today, thought i might give this movie a go thinking it must be alright going by some of the reviews i have seen as well as comments from members here.

I am in complete agreement with everything positive said about this movie. I sat through the movie thinking this is like a 10/10 for me until the end where i notched that down to 9/10 after seeing something thast kinda made me cringe (by all means PM me if you would like to know what that was).

Really good movie with a brilliant storyline to match. The trailers did not do this movie justice.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

just saw the movie, I gotta say it's awesome! What I liked most was the realism of the animals, not just because of great cg, but because of the practical way they were imagined. Action was good, storyline was so-so, overall a great movie.
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

mindfullsilence wrote:
storyline was so-so

Oh pooh! The storyline was great. It was reminiscent of some Disneyesque moralistic stuff aimed at adolescents, but much more kickass + less patronizing, and that does give it a broad appeal.

It hinges on some "gimmick" premises but that is an essential aspect of sci-fi. A lot of more normal films that cause people to oo and ah over the "strong story" also hinge on tricks or gimmicks, eg, a betrayal of expectations (wrt to someone's past or identity, etc).

Cliche but true: Sci-fi is a great door into exploring humanistic themes from new perspectives (and completely new possibilities). Also cliche but true: if you want to play ignorant, you can always dismiss sci-fi as childish garbage ;)

Cameron does not write the cleverest dialogue in the business (his physical action is real clever tho). His characters always seem borderline unsociable, dumb or to be heavily exercising understatement. The "quiet but agile" hero epitomized this, eg, the early tension between him and Signory Weaver plays with what it means to behave like an intelligent adult.
  • prabax
  • Born
  • Born
  • prabax

Post 3+ Months Ago

whether avatar z a cartoon movie?
  • ArtphotoasiA
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I did not see one bad review at all........ can't wait to see it!
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is precisely the reason I thought the storyline was so-so:

overused storylines
  • ArtphotoasiA
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Finaly I was there... 1 day here in Italy... just back from the movie theatre.... Avatar is indeed the best sci-fi movie I saw in the recent years... it will not let you down 1 second.

Nice story...
Nice special effects...
Nice actions...
Good message political and ecological...
3D is a plus but will be great movie also in 2d...

There was a standing ovation when ended!
I do hope will help people to think where we all we human are going.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, ok. I give up. I purchased a ticket for a Sunday matinee earlier today. Everyone keeps telling me I need to see it in theaters and I need to see it in 3D and I'll be missing out if I don't. UNCLE!
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol, they're right. But don't get too excited, I've learned that if I set my expectation too high and anticipation is too for a movie than I'll be let down. So go to enjoy the movie, don't expect anything and you'll be amazed.
  • ArtphotoasiA
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ther story is nothing new of course.... in Italy we said that after the Bibble, Iliad, and Odyssey... NO STORY has been completely invented by human kind.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

I should be golden, then. I have the lowest expectations possible for it (which is why I'm just now going). I haven't seen any of the "new" 3D movies yet, so that will be new as well, but I'm still very skeptical.
  • boiled_elephant
  • Loc: Lancaster

Post 3+ Months Ago

Take my word for it, stereoscopic 3D works unbelievably well. I was never a fan of the concept in general until I saw Avatar. To give a general idea, I'm a perpetual cynic when it comes to cliché storylines, and I still enjoyed this film. The 3D and visual quality was so gorgeous I just didn't care that I was being patronised.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

It has now become the highest grossing movie of all time taking in $1.859 Billion in just 6 weeks!

The previous record holder was Titanic which was release in 1997. Both movies were directed by James Cameron.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/homepage/d/int/ ... 482058.stm
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 55 posts