Is an Axlotto (Mexican Walking Fish) a reptile?

• musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is an Axlotto (Mexican Walking Fish) a reptile?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axolotls are amphibians - which would fall under the field of Herpetology :)

They're cute lil things though...

http://www.indiana.edu/~axolotl/
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have heaps of reptiles around my place cuz its pretty hot here. They keep to themselves which is nice (especially in regard to snakes)
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, you don't want brown snakes coming and slithering into your bed at night ;)

But, the beardies are cute! :)

That's one of my ambitions in life now...

I need to come to Australia for 2 things...

The 500cc Philip Island MotoGP, and to see Pogona Vitticeps (bearded dragons - as well as other Pogona species) living in their natural habitats.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah australia is very cool for its wildlife!

we have some strange creatures to be sure.

Phillip Is. GP is ACE ive been going up there for a few years now. Lots of fun!
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Man, the most exciting GP I ever saw was on my birthday in, I believe it was '99... The year that Criville broke his wrist in practice, and Gibernau gave up a position to let Criville get the extra points and win the whole season...

I think that was the same race Kenny Roberts' back tire chunked out on the last lap when he was like a minute ahead & Okada sped past Biaggi on the last corner & won the show.. And I believe Mick Doohan was there doing a couple of laps either before the 2-day qualifiers or the main race day not exactly sure which...

I've got all three days recorded on tape at my mother's in England, recorded as I was watching it live (til about 7am each morning, lol)...

I just wish I'd hooked up the VCR to the computer and converted it to a DivX or VideoCD before I left the UK... I've been trying to find that race on tape or DVD on eBay, motorbike sites, everywhere, I can't find even a hint of it.

I was actually thinking about writing to Eurosport in the UK, or Speedvision here in the US to see if they still had a copy floatin' around, lol.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll ask my mate, he tapes every race - he is a diehard fan. But I think he has it on VHS - I'm not sure it's the right format for american, you guys use PAL i think
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

UK uses pal, the US it's NTSC... Otherwise I'd just get my mum to send my tapes over, hehe.

If you can get a copy and it's NTSC format, I would be forever in your debt!

That is the most outstanding GP I've ever seen. If your friend has got it, and you didn't go that year, seriously, WATCH the entire tape.. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time!

But, I always know a Repsol team member would win it :)

Hmm... I should still have a photo scanned of my old Repsol/Honda NSR Race Replica somewhere... if I can find it, i'll hunt it out... it was kitted out with the full '98 race team paint job, got a brand new engine in it when I bought it (I spent a coupla thousand miles breaking it in before I really let loose and tuned the hell out of it)... Fortunately, at the time, my best buddy Paul was a mechanic at the local bike shop, and he had exactly the same model NSR that I did (although 4 or 5 years older than mine).... His bike ended up being the guinea pig to test all the things that could potentially tuned mine. If it helped his performance, it was done on mine, if it didn't help his bike, we didn't bother doing it to mine, lol.

In the end, I had it about as tuned as it could get, but still remain (almost) road-legal, lol.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
(I spent a coupla thousand miles breaking it in before I really let loose and tuned the hell out of it

ahahaa there's the fun part!! :lol:

yeah no probs, he hasnt got email so ill try call him tonight for ya and see if we cant hook you up with a copy, if not he will no doubt know someone else who will have it.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

You are an absolute star! When I come over for the GP, or to hunt beardies, remind me to swing by your place and give you a big hug! :)
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hell yeah, if you ever make it over here we can meet up there! :D
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe, I asked my friend and he said he didn't have it. I printed your post so he would know which one it was. Sorry!
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ahh well, thanks for asking :)

If it ever crops up, you know who to call, lol :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts