Ball or optic?

• Cool#9
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Québec

Post 3+ Months Ago

What do you have, a mouse with the old fashion gummy ball with full of crap around it, or the amazing accurate and clean optic mouse?

Me I have optic, (MX300), old but I love it, maintenance free, its much more accurate compared to the old ball style, plus I don’t use the pad anymore, I have all the table to slide on to, But with some felt pads to avoid scratching the table thought!)

Already I see some saying “my finger” eh! eh! clever, you use a laptop. ;)
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've one one or two ball mice, but most of 'em are optical.
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Somewhere on Google Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

woo, I gotsa wireless optic :D
  • wookey
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

optic mouse here, still got a cord mind, but that suits me, no recharging and all that faff :)
  • Cool#9
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
I've one one or two ball mice, but most of 'em are optical.

You sure do have allot of mices, you should give the ball ones to the snakes! :lol:
  • Cae
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

my two are optical, my parents use ball mice because they are dumb, but there is a ball mouse on my file server b/c it was free, and i was broke at the time... :P
  • Cool#9
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Calendae wrote:
...my parents use ball mice because they are dumb...

Dumber who doesn’t teach the parents the right thing to use ;) no offense! :lol:
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a Loitech cordless optical mouse. Nice stuff there.
  • ThATKiD
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: somewere over there

Post 3+ Months Ago

i had an old ligitech ball mouse it was the best mouse in the world only thing better to me was the logitech MX500 my new mouse =)
  • BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Cyprus

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have the wireless set of mouse and keyboard(Logitech), i love it.
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Nippon

Post 3+ Months Ago

wayalezoptikal all the way!
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Nippon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Next is wireless keyboard. Then I'll be living like a king!
  • Tom the Great
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: B.C., Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I did get a wireless keyboard+optical mouse for christmas but it was microsoft so it didn't work with windows 98 (they would rather you use win2k or xp)
Ony my three computers I have all ball microsoft intili mice, one is serial and the scroll wheel doesn't work, I bought a ps/2 to serial adapter but it doesn't work.
On my dad's computer he had a ball mouse, but it stoped going up sometimes (it could go down, right and left) so he baught a logitech optical mouse.
At school we have microsoft optical mice there.
  • Cae
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool#9 wrote:
Calendae wrote:
...my parents use ball mice because they are dumb...

Dumber who doesn’t teach the parents the right thing to use ;) no offense! :lol:

i bought my dad a cordless optical mouse for x-mas last year, he doesnt want to use it because he thinks it is a waste of batteries, and for several other really messed up reasons...
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like my optical mousey :)
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

gsv2com wrote:
Next is wireless keyboard. Then I'll be living like a king!

it really is very fun, I have a logitech wireless duo, and I can lie in bed and use my comp :D

(mind you I have to increase the font size so that I can see from the extra distance, but worth it)
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I just tested the 9 sets of wireless keyboards & mice I bought yesterday...

All 9 mice (balled) work, 7 out of 9 keyboards work, and at least 1 receiver works (testing each receiver requires a reboot, testing each keyboard & mouse didn't, heh).

I'll test the receivers tomorrow - but, not bad goin' so far for 7 bucks/set :)
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a ball and an optical for each of my main computers...and to be honest I can't tell that much of a difference....cept for the pad
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wireless Optic here!
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got optical mouse, but since i brought my T610 with bluetooth, i have been tempted to a bluetooth mouse. As i have just brought the dongle for my poota which is very sweet! :-D
  • rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

logitech marble mouse usb - i love this thing! They call it a marble mouse, but it's not really a mouse. It's all, like, upside down. There is a great big ball sticking out the top, and you move it around and that moves that funny arrow thing around on the screen!!
  • Jerrek
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Melbourne, AUS

Post 3+ Months Ago

Microsoft Optical - works great. Even on your pant leg, which is an interesting experience for us Brits.
  • rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I personally cannot stand optical mice. They are too light (not heavy enough). A mouse has to have some weight in it or it just doesn't feel right to use it.

Anyway, I really don't have enough desk space for a mouse so I have a trackball. Logitech marble mouse USB. Has an optical sensor to detect the motion of the ball, works great.
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

well my cordless optical mouse is a lot heavyer then a ball one, this is due to the two AA batterys that are in it. I have got a trust cordless btw.
  • rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

wireless, hey? Might make it a bit heavier. I would look into it but I prefer my trackball because I really don't have the room for a mouse.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

My Micro$oft optical wheelmouse is fairly heavy..

Many people look at me like I'm an idiot for using a mousepad on an optical mouse, but I'm telling ya, it makes a difference. On a mousepad, it feels just like a regular ball mouse.

It's got a nice weight to it, but you don't get the occasional tugging feeling that you would with a ball mouse as the ball starts to get a lil dirty.
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

on my main PC I have a ball less logitech mouse and on the KVM I have a standard PS2 microsoft ball mouse with wheel. And one of those stick mouse things on my two laptops.
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

rjstephens wrote:
logitech marble mouse usb - i love this thing! They call it a marble mouse, but it's not really a mouse. It's all, like, upside down. There is a great big ball sticking out the top, and you move it around and that moves that funny arrow thing around on the screen!!

almost like a trackball ;)
  • cmontana
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Neither! Pen tablet here. Using a mouse feels like trying to play the piano with boxing gloves on...
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

cmontana wrote:
Neither! Pen tablet here.

Me too, I use my Wacom Graphire3 as my mouse a lot.

But when i'm not using that i'm using a logitech optical mouse... with a cord (i'm never using my computer from a distance where a cord can't reach!... plus my setup allows me to have a cord without it being in the way)

rjstephens wrote:

I hear they are much better when you get used to it, but I personally can't stand this type of mouse.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 32 posts