Voting Chart

Total votes : 10

Should there be a barter/trading/affiliation forum for webmasters on Ozzu?

•  
    Yes
  •  
    No

Barter/Trading/Affiliation Forum

• TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay, time to settle this. Who wants a forum where webmasters trade skills, form affiliations, etc. on Ozzu? The voting booth is yours...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

this should be in the suggestions forum... unless the admin says otherwise
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It really doesn't matter. It won't be the deciding factor anyway.
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
It really doesn't matter. It won't be the deciding factor anyway.

Why not? If I volunteer to regulate it? I will take full responsibility for it.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Given the discussions the moderators have already had about this over the last year, the most you would be likely to see would be the posibility of a board where people can post "jobs for hire" and even that hasn't held a very high priority in our discussions for several months.

People are welcome to vote and voice their opinions if they want. I'm just letting you know so you don't get your hopes up.
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't understand it though. What's the worst thing that can happen? The positive impacts of this are way more than the negative...the people have spoken man.
  • TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

psyc0w wrote:
I don't understand it though. What's the worst thing that can happen? The positive impacts of this are way more than the negative...the people have spoken man.

The people have spoken? You're the only one to have posted something about this so far. :?
  • Toyminator
  • Student
  • Student
  • Toyminator
  • Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think its a good idea
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am the people. w0rd. 8)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

TomK wrote:

The people have spoken? You're the only one to have posted something about this so far. :?

Actually he has. It's a continuation of a discussion in the suggestions board:
http://www.ozzu.com/suggestions-comments/possible-maybe-new-category-t32419.html

Of course everybody expanded Vetofunk's original suggestion to where the poll doesn't even look like Vetofunk's suggestion.

Allowing posts where people are in need of services and have work to offer and are willing to pay for it is about as close as we've ever come to an agreement about it. At the moment I'm not sure we get enough of those posts to warrant a separate forum for it is even justified.

I can tell you one thing for certain. For the entire year or so that I've been a mod here, an affiliate/link exchange kinda thing has always been voted down as being a spam magnate.

I'm explaining this so you guys can save your time and breath. The mods are already painfully aware that this has been asked for.

If you want to the nutshell version, you can probably make these assumptions:

A link exchange / affiliate thing has always been a "no" and more than likely will always be a no.

"Jobs for hire" has not left the discussion table and certainly has future possibility, although at the moment there is no definitive answer , decision or timeframe on that.

I believe that summarizes what the mod group has discussed on this. If I'm off somewhere, any mod or Bigwebmaster is welcome to correct me.
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

I voted no. Ozzu is set up to be a place to get information about computers, and to solve problems. Something like this may seem very handy, but you are inviting all sorts of trouble as far as scams, spam, etc. The mods do enough work as it is. It's just not the purpose of the board.
  • katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good point lucassix.
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect

Post 3+ Months Ago

lucassix wrote:
I voted no. Ozzu is set up to be a place to get information about computers, and to solve problems. Something like this may seem very handy, but you are inviting all sorts of trouble as far as scams, spam, etc. The mods do enough work as it is. It's just not the purpose of the board.

I concur. I do, however, think that there is tons of talent here and it's a shame that we don't optimize each other's skills by not implementing this.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts