It's been a week

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Absolutely.

Honestly, I've been a rut lately. I just can't seem to get to a place where I'm ready to take the plunge, mentally. I could have sworn that I promised myself to cut back a few weeks ago. I wonder what happened there. :|

I don't think I could consume any alchahol without a cig. That would be very nearly impossible for me.

I did quit for 10 months once, but my wife was preggers with our first child. When I succumbed that time, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was driving home late at night and before I knew it I was in a convenience store.

Okay, I should try to set a date or something. I wonder if I should try cold-turkey.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

digitalMedia wrote:
Okay, I should try to set a date or something. I wonder if I should try cold-turkey.

That's exactly what I did ... I smoked the last cigarette of my packet on my way home in my car from some place where we had a few beers. I just decided that I'm not going to buy another packet ... And I didn't ... I think not smoking that morning made it easier the rest of that day ... because at times I actually tried stopping after having a smoke the same day ... nearly impossible ...
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

digitalMedia wrote:
I don't think I could consume any alchahol without a cig. That would be very nearly impossible for me.

I thought the same as you but with coffee, and I have drank a thousand cups since I quit without a problem, the first one is the hardest though. :D

digitalMedia wrote:

http://www.chantix.com/

Try them, they worked for me, and I know they can help if you are really mentally convinced to quit cold turkey. :wink:
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

labrego wrote:
http://www.chantix.com/

Try them, they worked for me, and I know they can help if you are really mentally convinced to quit cold turkey. :wink:

I've got a perscription and pamphlet sitting right next to me. :) It's been there for about 6 months. :(
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you have time to smoke, you don't have enough to do. :D
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
If you have time to smoke, you don't have enough to do. :D

Ha! Well, I'm afraid that doesn't apply to me. I have a drafting board in my garage where I smoke so it's not unproductive. I've solved a lot of problems doodling out there. :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 36 posts