It's been a while ...

• Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,

It's been quite some time since I was last active on these forums as I kind of fell out of my web-design hobby to focus on other things. Fast forward to 2012 and I've been unexpectedly offered the sole SysAdmin role in a small 50-user company after our former SysAdmin left, although I had no prior experience. It's been a couple of months of feeling around in the dark but I think I'm doing well. I do have the support of the Group IT Manager in New Zealand, but it's been mostly learning on the job, and I thought there could be a few guys around on Ozzu who would be able to answer any silly questions I may have in the future.

I've also been getting back into web-design - I'm currently working on a website for my girlfriend's business as well as my own personal one.

So, Ozzu, what's been going on in all this time? ;)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

same same really, good topics here and annoying ones there lol. Nice work on the sys admin job, yea holla on the network questions anytime.

but yea flick through the site and see what's happening.

welcome back
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Breeze!

Yeah it has been awhile since we last heard from you. I just took a look to see when your last post was and it was exactly one year ago to the day. Funny timing!

Congratulations on your system admin role, hopefully you are having fun with that! What sort of operating systems are you working with?

Hope to see you around more, I am sure we can help you from time to time :)
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh, very coincidental! :D

We've got a mix of Windows 7/Windows XP desktops and hopefully all the XP's will be gone by the end of the year! As for servers: Red Hat, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Small Business Server 2003.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome back to the site Breeze! Always enjoyed reading your posts, so hopefully you'll be back firing them left right and centre for the foreseeable future! :lol:
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Breeze! Its been a while since being on here for me too :) I remember you. Glad to hear all is still going well. I got out of IT a few years ago professionally but still dabble in it for my own causes and sites. :D
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ahh the heady days of yore, being a System Administrator. That takes me back.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!

As long as you aren't dealing with teachers in a public school everything will be fine in your new job.
  • olioli0201
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • olioli0201

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you have some questions just ask and I hope I can we all will be able to help you in the future.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts