Best Web Designer Ever

• RyTRiX
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan

Post 3+ Months Ago

This has to be the best web designer I have ever seen. These are the people that make me want to quit trying because I'll never be this good :P

http://billybussey.com/highband.html

(dont go if you have a slow computer)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Still waiting for the flash to load ;)
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

How do you KNOW you won't be that good if you don't try?

:)

***btw: that is a freeeeeeeky awesome website. heh.
  • whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

its loading fast for me.

//i though u left?
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ahh there we go it loaded, heh. Kinda pretty, the background looks good in 1600x1200 too, which was quite surprising :)

As far as the web goes, it's very nice, but it feels like a DVD navigation on a movie - and that's where I'd leave that kinda high-bandwidth-demanding interface, on a DVD, heh.

It is very pretty though, I just don't like that you can't bookmark pages on flash sites. To advertise services, sure, you wanna show off your best work, but the high bandwidth requirements to sit n' wait for it, and sections of it, to download would put off a lot of potential clients I think - at least web design clients.

Perhaps those looking for 3D logos, special effects n' whatnot for games & movies, and those just looking for good quality regardless of potential bandwidth needs would like it though.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

RyTRIX -- I can't believe you did that. First of all, I thought you said you were leaving OZZU. Then you go and edit your post where you say you are leaving OZZU to "I give up" http://www.ozzu.com/mswindows-forum/aol-instant-messenger-problem-t20025-15.html

Then you post this when the billybussey link was provided in the "best flash sites ever" post in the Flash forum: http://www.ozzu.com/flash-forum/which-the-best-flash-site-ever-t371-30.html

I know alot of us have a good bit of respect for your young skills, but whats's up with you now-a-days? You are not posting as you did when you first came here. Time for some introspection, my young friend....
  • Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

No doubt hes good but, not the best ;). I luv Tahnlu, Im not sure what hes doing now he shut down his site one day and drifted away into the web.
  • rjmthezonenet
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

What's the attraction to flashy web sites? Studies show users what fast, not pretty. Yes, they'd take a black and white textual page if it meant they could fly through a web site gathering information. Even 4GHz computes with high bandwidth connections can zip around heavy pages.

Consider how Google beat out the heavy pages of Altavista. Google's nearly text only web site is sharp looking and, officially, a new word in the English language.

Of course, Flash does have its place. Jeep, for example, makes great use of it for displaying their fleet. In this case, you can expect a user to spend the time waiting for the flashy designs.

I'd like our web site to be webbish, but not too webbish - Dilbert
  • David
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • David

Post 3+ Months Ago

o.O \

Man he's got some wicked work...

Wish i was as good as tht...

Flash took quite a while.
  • BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Cyprus

Post 3+ Months Ago

Takes long time to load
  • BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Cyprus

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think this web is one of the best web i have ever seen.
  • ThATKiD
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: somewere over there

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think its ok i think this firm is also very good and they have been kinda of poineers in the whole 3D flash animation. They have made sites from Bacardi to Ford chack them out. 2 Advanced Studios
  • Tom the Great
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: B.C., Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just get a 404 error then get redirected to the intro page. It also has no scroll bars, so at 800x600 I can't even see the whol intro page.

There is a differnce between knowing your way around flash and knowing how to design a good, useable site.
  • AnthonyF
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Best Ive ever seen by far.

Gotta give it to him, man's a pro no doubt about it.
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Welcome To, Crazy World!

Post 3+ Months Ago

I already posted this site back a few months ago. But, it's just such a good site that it should be posted again.

(he is the best in the world)
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

look at the original post: Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:54 pm ;)

that kid is gone anyway...
  • ThATKiD
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

It wasn't me i swear :P
  • starqueen
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

i saw his site months and months ago... the site is damn nice, but isnt for the web, its way too slow and the navigation takes forever. besides that, his portfolio work isnt that great compared to his ability to make a web design. i hope the best for him, but i wouldnt call him the best, we all have things to improve as he does too.
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Welcome To, Crazy World!

Post 3+ Months Ago

starqueen wrote:
i saw his site months and months ago... the site is damn nice, but isnt for the web, its way too slow and the navigation takes forever. besides that, his portfolio work isnt that great compared to his ability to make a web design. i hope the best for him, but i wouldnt call him the best, we all have things to improve as he does too.

Actually, I disagree.. It's your system.. He is "ahead" of his time.. Time needs to improve for him.. His site isn't slow.. It's just that your system is too slow.. A friend just got the latest and greatest computer about 2 months ago and it could keep up with the site pretty good..
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

im the best web designer ever!!!!

heeheehee

and then I woke up ;)

:P
  • ThATKiD
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like Musik/rose better she smells good :shock:
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

hah! ;)
  • Troubadour
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Melbourne, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Definately very impressive. I thought it was tremendous.

Not too practical for the internet though...

Marvellous for an intranet / demo on CD/DVD etc...
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Nippon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice design. He'd make a better VJ than a web developer though... for the same reasons as you've all said. I'll agree with the "ahead of his time" statement. I'm not a huge fan of flash though, so the waiting was a bit of a turn-off even with a fast connection. I've got a 2-second waiting limit.
  • starqueen
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Heart wrote:

Actually, I disagree.. It's your system.. He is "ahead" of his time.. Time needs to improve for him.. His site isn't slow.. It's just that your system is too slow.. A friend just got the latest and greatest computer about 2 months ago and it could keep up with the site pretty good..

lmao, thats very ignorant to say. you have to respect ppls' opinions a little there before commenting out of line. im running on a business-class internet cable connection on a MacG5 dual processor machine, fully loaded.

he may be ahead of his time, but its a shame for those clients who wish to hire him for comissioned works whose computers arent as good as us nerds. i didnt mean anything cruel to his work, he IS superb, but saying he's the best is exaggeration to me.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 25 posts