Blog Question.

• heihei
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • heihei

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post my question. I am not really new on this field but there are some techniques that i need to know when it comes to blogging. I just submit my blog to many directory sites. Do you think is that enough to promote my site?
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Many directory sites? What are you Blogging about? That depends, man.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Let me tell you how I think and feel about directories. They really refine your audience... up to the tip top.

Let me explain my reasoning behind that.

1) Do you user directories?

I barely do... I sometimes do to either check it out if I just found a link to it, give someone a review or if I'm extremely bored :lol:

The directories here already refine your audience to people who use directories (Don't include Google or other directories that I like to call Major Search Engine... I mean like DMOZ and those fun stuff that look boring).

2) Do you read through pages of results?

When I actually get on a directory and actually search there (applies to Google as well), I usually manage through 3-5 pages until I give up. And if your result is on page 10 or something more or less, the directory already refines the search to those who go through more pages to find results.

Directories also refine your audience to those who are searching for the topic you are about and if they like what Google puts in the description and title of your link.

There may be more refining factors in this equation but I think I covered the main part of them... but I'm not saying they are useless... you have some chance of getting more clicks. I doubt that directories allow for back-links though.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts