Both parties agree to support war decision re: Afghanistan

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here we go again.

Quote:
The top Senate Democrat says lawmakers of both parties assured President Barack Obama on Tuesday that they will rally behind whatever decision he makes on Afghanistan.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said that both Democrats and Republicans told the president, basically, "Whatever decision you make, we'll support it."

The White House said Tuesday that President Barack Obama considers it "tremendously important" to listen to Congress about the flagging war in Afghanistan but won't base his decisions on the mood on Capitol Hill or eroding public support for the war.

"The president is going to make a decision — popular or unpopular — based on what he thinks is in the best interests of the country," press secretary Robert Gibbs told reporters. As for support from lawmakers, Gibbs said Obama is focused on getting his war strategy right, not on "who's for or who's against what."

Source: Associated Press
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

McCain, amongst other Republicans, are now urging the president to hurry up and make a decision. I hate these guys - I really do. How could you try and force someone's hand on a decision that weighs so heavily on the country? Where was all this urgency while Bush was allowing this crap to go on for 7 years???
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

UPSGuy wrote:
McCain, amongst other Republicans, are now urging the president to hurry up and make a decision. I hate these guys - I really do. How could you try and force someone's hand on a decision that weighs so heavily on the country? Where was all this urgency while Bush was allowing this crap to go on for 7 years???

I hate 'em all! The whole thing of democrat versus republican and right versus left is such a load of bull *plum*. Nobody cares what the issues are, nobody cares what is right for the country and its citizens. All it is is choosing sides.

And all the urgency with Bush was on a golf course where everyone was watching his drive. (don't get me wrong, Obama says and does stupid things too, but you have to agree that he has taken considerably less vacation time these first few months of his presidency)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts