Broke my forearm PICS!!!

• CE/ Pyrocy
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Santa Barbara, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

updated!!!

i broke both the bones in my forearm clean in half last sunday. went off this jump and my bike died goin off the lip of the takeoff. Image... this is my wrist before the reset. a lil wavey lol,

.. i had surgery thursday and they put 5 pins in. <a Image

• Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Those pins look like those little tent stakes that always get bent whenever you use them.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol:

Nice jump!
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Look ma, no hands!
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

haha nice. Now you have the pics/proof and you can cherish this moment forever.
  • Snow is on Fire
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Auburn, AL

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sweet!

He he. This thread is funny. "I broke my wrist." (General response from the other members) "Congratulations!"
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well of course! What else would be say?

By the way, the dirt bike isn't damaged is it? I sure hope not...
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've never broken anything. I suck. You rule.

Of course I've torn my arm right straight out of it's socket and it had to be screwed back in. I have a steel pin there now and forever.

I also popped three discs in my back and neck. One had to be removed surgically and the bones fused together.

But I've never broken a bone. I am almost (sniff) begining to think the bone breaking gods don't love me. (sniff)
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
By the way, the dirt bike isn't damaged is it? I sure hope not...

Haha I just read this. That's funny.
  • CE/ Pyrocy
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

new pics. the bike is fine. lol

wat suks is i only have one hand to build websites and its my left :(
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why did you do the jumping? CE

It was fun and now you have to work with your left hand for the rest of your life?

Ok, the pics were nice except your hand.
  • CE/ Pyrocy
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

the jump was just part of the track. at my level of competition u have to hit it to win races. not really a big deal.., a pretty regular size jump. i just was unfortunet, and no my hand and arm will b 100% in 8-12 weeks
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Awesome ... Congrats ... I have broken a collar bone playing rugby, and torn a muscle between my ribs while flying kicking a big black dustbin at 4AM one morning while having drunk way too much ...

I want to try a big jump like that too once ... looks like heaps of fun ...
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

When I was just two years old I got a broken pelvis because I was sitting on my dads lap riding in the passenger seat of our van and we were in an accident and I got ejected. A guy that saw it said I pretty much just flew out about 15 or 20 feet and landed on the ground and tumbled. I stayed in the hospital overnight with my little hairline fracture and recovered 100% soon after. Other than a few cuts and bruises, that is my only injury I've ever had.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

KC

A broken pelvis..oh no. You must have a been a right pain scriking in agony..poor child!

I broke a kneecap not once but twice on a tarmac road when I was a kid. All the bone was sticking up from the hole. I think I was 11 at the time because we just moved house to this council one.

I went to hospital and got stiched and plasterd (not with drink) had'nt to bend it for six months (after the second break) God I still remember the wrath of my late father after falling twice... :( :(

I would'nt care but from the gate you had five steps, then three steps into the actual house. Then to the bathroom another 14 steps...hahaahahhahaaha by the time they removed the plaster I could'nt bend it. The doc put his fist at the back of my knee and shouted BEND IT - THUMP!:roll:

WOW! CE/ Pyrocy, did you jump from the height like in your first image? You were darn lucky to escape with just the break you got.

Hope all is now fixed.:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  • CE/ Pyrocy
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya thats the same jump i crashed on. i have the pic of me jumping it right before the wreck but havent takn it off the camera
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used to watch my boy jumping his BMX...

...Worried me no end..just behave ya sel...:mrgreen:
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
Look ma, no hands!

Look ma, no teeth! *ouch!
  • CE/ Pyrocy
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

labrego wrote:
spork wrote:
Look ma, no hands!

Look ma, no teeth! *ouch!

u must b thinking of hockey lol
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

My friend wrecked his 4-wheeler this weekend and broke his colar bone in 3 spots. It almost broke through the skin. lol

His 4-wheeler is fine :)
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

here's a photo about 30 seconds before the accident, and one after the accident. Look how he wasted that beer!!!!

• kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats ok, last weekend my friend got a new jeep (an old jeep, but new for him) and so after he got off work we took it out into the sand hills...which tend to be sandy. To make a long story short, his tires aren't the greatest and we got the thing up on three wheels in one spot and neither of us were heavy enough to get that 4th wheel back on the ground, and we didn't have a second vehicle or shovels, so we wound up digging out the sand with our hands and rocking it back and forth until it got unstuck. We were far enough out that we had only limited cell phone service, plus it was the middle of the night so nobody would have gotten out of bed to rescue us anyway.

And on top of that, on the way back we were on a "road", if thats what you want to call it, in the middle of a cow pasture. It rained a few days before so it was kind of muddy in spots, and we had the brilliant idea of leaving the top and the doors at home. So there I am driving his jeep down this road when a chunk of mud flew up and hit me in the shoulder, so I grabbed it and wiped it on my pants. Then I started smelling it, it was not mud. I had cow *plum* all over my shoulder and my hand and my pants. We were almost out of gas so we stopped at the nearest station and I went in and asked where the bathroom was, and the dude just kind of looked at me...all covered in mud and cow manure...and said they didn't have a public restroom. I tried bargaining with him saying we were buying gas and not just passing through, but he said they didn't have a bathroom period. What kind of a gas station doesn't have a freaking bathroom. There was a garden hose outside so I stripped my shirt off and cleaned it as best as I could, then I froze being wet on the highway with the top down at about 4 in the morning. What an adventure!
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice Story!
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got a little carried away with my short story, but you get the idea. Nobody got injured or had tires pop off rims or anything, I just had cow crap splatter on me.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 24 posts