Browse Off ?

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Has anyone ever held an event where people compete to see who can accomplish tasks the fastest with their browser ?

Maybe there would be categories where users of the same browser were pitted against eachother to see who used their browser to the best of its' potential, then another set of categories for cross-browser competitions.

Obviously this would have to be something done live, at a LAN party or something along those lines.

Like the Olympics of browsing. :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmmmmmm...... <looks at self in mirror>sees self as Michael Phelps in this event.</looks at self in mirror>
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

While you were piddling around getting to the mirror I used my webcam hotkey to look at myself on my screen.

Booyah ! :D
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

my mirror was directly in front of me. I glanced up lol.

Really is an interesting idea. Honestly, though, I wouldn't win. My browsing skills are attuned to surfing and surfing only. I never mess with the code, don't use extensions, don't change the style sheets, use minimal plugins. I just typically have 30-50 tabs open at once for reference on the tasks I'm working on.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

What if nobody knew what the tasks would be before hand, meaning if someone did write scripts they would have to do it on the spot if they didn't already have a script for the occasion ?

I'm pretty quick about getting a user.js script together, but I don't know if I could beat someone in a competition situation if I took the time to write a script on the spot like that. :scratchhead:

Holy crap that's a lot of tabs ! :shock: I never have more than maybe 8 open at a time. I always have a trashcan full of tabs at key places I can quickly reopen though.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

omg I am so friggin slow. Lost track of how long I've been using firefox, and only now just realized when your tabs exceed the width of your screen instead of using the left and right arrow keys on the tabs toolbar, hovering your mouse over it and using the scroll wheel works and works much faster lol

*doh!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts