• Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Evenhost-PR
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

only us clever Americans can be that stupid >.< My God this is why I tell people over here in London that I'm from Canada
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's not that someone would be dumb enough to try getting change for a counterfit $1m bill that gets me, it's that they thought even or a second that a grocery store would actually have that much change.

I don't even think most banks keep that much on hand for giving change. I'd think a $1m withdraw is probably going to take a whole day unless the manager coaches your kids soccer team.

Surely this is some sort of joke.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lol.
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are stupid people no matter where you look throughout the world.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Merlyn wrote:
There are stupid people no matter where you look throughout the world.

I agreed
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

"he was caught in posession of a weapon and dope" need anyone say anymore :lol:
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow! He actually thought he can get away with it?
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
Can people actually be this stupid?

Yes, yes they can.

My dad use to work at radio shack a few years ago, and he caught a guy trying to use a photocopied 20 dollar bill. I asked him if he called the cops, and he said the guy just walked out when he confronted him about it, so he didn't call the cops or anything and then destroyed the phony.
  • Evenhost
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
SB wrote:

Yes, yes they can.

My dad use to work at radio shack a few years ago, and he caught a guy trying to use a photocopied 20 dollar bill. I asked him if he called the cops, and he said the guy just walked out when he confronted him about it, so he didn't call the cops or anything and then destroyed the phony.

There's a big difference between trying to pass a twenty dollar bill and a million dollar bill. People see twenty dollar bills all the time, often they don't even give them a second glance. But a million dollar bill, most people have never seen a million dollar bill and are going to really look at it, and make sure its real.

And I agree with one of the above posts, what kind of a moron thinks a super market is going to cash a million dollar bill, many supermarkets won't even take hundred dollar bills.

People can be really stupid. But then again, at the end of the day we only hear about the stupid criminals who get caught.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Evenhost wrote:
There's a big difference between trying to pass a twenty dollar bill and a million dollar bill. People see twenty dollar bills all the time, often they don't even give them a second glance. But a million dollar bill, most people have never seen a million dollar bill and are going to really look at it, and make sure its real.

And I agree with one of the above posts, what kind of a moron thinks a super market is going to cash a million dollar bill, many supermarkets won't even take hundred dollar bills.

People can be really stupid. But then again, at the end of the day we only hear about the stupid criminals who get caught.

It was a million dollar cheque there is no such thing as a million dollar bill ;) :lol:
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

There may not be a million dollar bill, but there's certainly a billion dollar Bill:

• musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol: nice one
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

If i could only have a fraction of his wealth life would be good.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Evenhost wrote:
There's a big difference between trying to pass a twenty dollar bill and a million dollar bill. People see twenty dollar bills all the time, often they don't even give them a second glance.

But the thing was that it was just photocopied. It wasn't green, but bright white instead and he said it was obviously standard printer paper and not the fancy cloth paper that real money is made with. The guy was stupid for trying to pass it off as a real one when it was probably the worst fake ever made.
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

historically, the less intelligent or adaptable of a given species is more likely to die and thus further evolution.

Sometimes I think that we as humans have reached a point where the idiotic people just have all of the comforts and ignorance to evolve with the more intelligent of us. Sigh.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
SB wrote:

Yes, yes they can.

Lol.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Merlyn wrote:
historically, the less intelligent or adaptable of a given species is more likely to die and thus further evolution.

Sometimes I think that we as humans have reached a point where the idiotic people just have all of the comforts and ignorance to evolve with the more intelligent of us. Sigh.

Some people hate history :lol:
  • Evenhost
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
Evenhost wrote:
There's a big difference between trying to pass a twenty dollar bill and a million dollar bill. People see twenty dollar bills all the time, often they don't even give them a second glance.

But the thing was that it was just photocopied. It wasn't green, but bright white instead and he said it was obviously standard printer paper and not the fancy cloth paper that real money is made with. The guy was stupid for trying to pass it off as a real one when it was probably the worst fake ever made.

ok, thats just ridiculous, trying to pass obviously fake money. Especially cause I'm pretty sure it's a federal crime.
  • Evenhost-PR
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

haha, this thread is very amusing :D

It reminds me that my mother used to think I printed counterfeit money under my bed as a young girl. In actuality I was just thrifty compared to my brother who would spend his money immediately, I would save it for big things I really wanted.
  • justontime
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • justontime

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh, yes i think they can , especially when they believe that are much smarter than others and that anybody else is stupid and can be foolish easily. ridiculous.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

sadly, it seems however stupid we imagine other people to be, there is always someone who will up the stupidity ante and go that extra mile to give us the ultimate stupidity experience.

regarding forgeries, I always marvel at the story of that couple in the '80s - they were actually bloody smart - they forged 20-dollar bills and passed them off one by one in little shops, delis, supermarkets etc... driving from town to town, sticking to small towns, scattering some bills to be found (and unwittingly cashed in) by other people... always buying cheap things like sodas or sticks of gum, and gathering all the change in real money. it was the perfect crime - at that time forgery detection (and investigation in general) was not as high-tech and joined-up as now, security measures were lower, and the world was a more trusting place.

Then they had to get bored with the bit-by-bit approach and decided to go to Vegas.

busted in two days, naturally. the one place in the world where everyone looks at money, lives, breathes and thinks money, and sure as hell knows real money from fake stuff.

I don't know if I'm happy the greedy bastards went down or disappointed at the fatal flaw of all humankind.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:

I've always been under the impression that evolution was a change in the genetic makeup of something over time to adapt to its' surroundings.
The way you put it there it sounds like everything started with various versions of itself and natural selection picking off the weakest links just raises the average and make it appear as if the species is getting better. :scratchhead:
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, not appear - statistically it IS getting better, with every generation slightly more tailored than the next. it's very hard for an individual unit of any species to change its genetic makeup during its brief lifespan. So what happens is that different members of a species are - quite randomly - born with different little mutations which give them special little skills... (not just skills of course. many illnesses and deformities are also genetic. but those don't live long)... and those with skills that are handy for surviving in the particular environment they live in tend to live longer, reproduce more, and propagate their particular cocktail of genes.... which will again be changed by random mutations in future generations.... and so on over millions of years, bit by tiny teeny bit. That's how I understood it anyways...
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
Quote:

I've always been under the impression that evolution was a change in the genetic makeup of something over time to adapt to its' surroundings.
The way you put it there it sounds like everything started with various versions of itself and natural selection picking off the weakest links just raises the average and make it appear as if the species is getting better. :scratchhead:

Actually, there's no correct answer to this one, the Evolution scientists are still researching about human evolution. With some Runaway theory, and some totally the opposite of it. Each decade, new discoveries are made. Natural selection was well-celebrated a discovery by some scientist in the 1960 - 1980. ( not really sure ) Not long after that, it is believed to be some other sort of selection, other than natural.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think Intelligent Design is what mostly believed now a days... I'm not sure though
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

This discussion makes me think of the movie "Idiocracy" ...
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

You know, when I think about the monkeys at the zoo who were contained by placing them on an island figuring out they could swim and escaping I have to laugh laugh.

It makes me wonder who the smart ones really are.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
You know, when I think about the monkeys at the zoo who were contained by placing them on an island figuring out they could swim and escaping I have to laugh laugh.

It makes me wonder who the smart ones really are.

Where did that happen ... ?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://blogs.tampabay.com/breakingnews/ ... pture.html
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago