Can someone here lend me $109,000?

• celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think I agree with kc0tma... from my experience, the only people I've met who seemed proud of their money were those who didn't have much else to be proud of.... then again maybe I should have my tea more often at the Waldorf Astoria......

steering back towards the subject - lotus elise? :D
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

And I will help steer it back onto the road. Other than the veedub, I also wouldn't mind having either one of these:

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

The car I would probably most like in the whole world is a 1980 Trans Am Turbo in these coulours ... Wow that would be cool ...
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats pretty much exactly the car I picture whenever anyone says 'trans am'.

My buddy Mick had a 1973 firebird with a 383 stroker and a gear drive, that sucker was flipping sweet until he wrecked it. It was loud and we would always pull up next to these little pansies with rice burning honda civics and rev it up, and they would rev their and we would have an (illegal) race and would always smoke 'em. After he wrecked that car he got a little jeep wrangler to replace it, and wouldn't you know me and him had it out 4 wheeling the very same day he bought it, like about 5 hours after the fact, and we pushed it a little too hard and broke an axle. Woops! So then we had to limp it back the 15 miles to town in four wheel drive just so that the front wheels would pull us along.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love American Muscle cars. I'm completely pissed that you don't get them over here in the UK like you do in America, i just know they'd sell very well.

It ticks me off because there is nothing i'd like to do more in this world than to buy an old rusty shell of a 68-69 Dodge Charger or an Mustang from the same age and renovate it. I keep meaning to ask my bro to check out the availabilty of one near his home in Oklahoma. If there was one available at a reasonable cost then it would give me a reason to make at least one trip to the states annually, if just to work on that.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I came pretty close to buying an old late 40s or early 50s Willies Overland Jeep pickup at an auction once. It was so cool, except for the toxic waste junk in the back. It had the old flat head 4 cylinder engine. That would probably be gutless for horsepower, but it would get better gas mileage than most modern cars these days, and it would have lots of class and be super snazzy restored to original condition. Or an old Willies Overland Jeepster would be cool. It is the original Jeep car, convertible and everything. I think its time to visit ebay and see what all I can dream about...
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I heard you could get even the newer mustangs for a fairly low price over in the US.... like 15,000$? but importing it over here it would end up costing at least 50,000$.... too bad really. only one mustang I've seen around the streets of belgrade, and man that's a cool looking car........... and I could totally spend 15,000$ on one.....
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

$15000, I wish!!!

I don't know how much they are, but if they were only $15000 everybody would have one. Little mini coopers and stuff are only $15000, and you can buy a very nice Harley for $15000
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

harley's good :D

hmm I wonder where the guy who was telling me about mustangs got his info... maybe he meant used ones...........
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hiring a driver is the Best
:thumbsup"

I can go on an old 80s Merc with a driver. Or a normal Jeep. No need to be fast.

Else, rent a chopper
  • CE/ Pyrocy
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Santa Barbara, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

u only need 80,000 for this. 0-60 3.2 seconds.
http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/ne ... -fq400.htm

and you can rally the crap out of it without worrying to much lol
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am goint to plead here for Dodge to release the new Challenger here in the UK.

I saw a review of it in one of the newspapers yesterday and it just looks stunning!

http://www.dodge.com/en/2008/challenger/

Admittedly though, i wouldn't be able to afford one as it is with the price in the UK expected to be around the 50k mark. That on top of the insurance group it's in (the highest) and the fact it does 20mpg would put me off.

Would love to have that sitting in my drive though.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

damn SB that is one sexy car.......

when you say dodge I usually imagine the caliber or some such... which I'm not too mad about (it looks so massive in pictures but in fact it's a regular-sized passenger car.... meh...) but this one is a beauty.

wish they did it in turquoise blue.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh my soul ... that is one seriously sweet ride ... Must ... Have

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 44 posts