Captcha

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

A little while ago google had an interesting doodle that was a little animation.

Im wonder if you could do the same thing with Captcha. Basically have an image with a-zA-Z0-9 listed out and then use CSS/Javascript to move the image to display the captcha. You would have to tell the client somehow what to display but could you do it so bots would have a hard time figuring it out? Current captcha bots I don't think would be able to because there wouldn't be an image.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• goldensun
  • Born
  • Born
  • goldensun

Post 3+ Months Ago

If the client can display it then the bot can also see it. If you roll your own captcha then it will initially work as no one will specifically target it, but then once your site a bot maker will invest the time and effort to specifically target your site then the captcha will stop working. Another problem is the more complicated you make the captcha the more likely you are to put of humans, I have been to some sites where the captcha is so poor that I have to try over 5 times before I manage it.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

captcha is a great tool but when you get it wrong you just want to close down the window and never return. agree with the issue but i saw a bank site have 9 images of animals and you had to select different animals as a security password.

Could that not work too?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

How about a rollover bot? Put in an image, and when a user rolls their mouse over the image, they see a captcha? You got to tell the user that they need to rollover but I think it would work.
  • HIG-Jerry
  • HIG-Jerry
  • Loc: Hosting It Green

Post 3+ Months Ago

The problem is that a lot of captchas these days are being solved by real humans sitting behind computers in 3rd world countries.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

HIG-Jerry wrote:
The problem is that a lot of captchas these days are being solved by real humans sitting behind computers in 3rd world countries.

The Forum spamming is getting to a point of no return sometimes using forums, if you don't have 10 layers of protection you get 1000 posts within days. something really needs to be done about this spam issue it is getting on my nerves sometimes.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts