Be careful about Microsoft : a selling software company.

• teniveri
  • teniveri

Post 3+ Months Ago

Be careful about Microsoft : a selling software company.
Be careful with this company. If the motheboard they don't sell breaks and you replace it with a different one, you lose the license OEM of his Windows.
You will only lose a 100-odd euro.

But in addition, it will be after a long string of phone calls, protests, and problems with a robot-like, depersonalized service. Luckily, there are a growing number of alternatives in response to these attitudes.

Perhaps we live in times in which advertisement is more powerful than the customer, but it is up to us, the customers, to put on the record the treatment received by this corporation - to my mind a bad company.

That's up to them, because while they plans its stories and cons to obtain large benefits from clients, the alternatives also continue to grow, and they will start losing quota from those fed up with their attitude.

Farewell Microsoft.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really don't understand the point of this post. Microsoft requires reactivation of Windows when you replace your motherboard because as far as the OS is concerned, you've switched computers and could be running the OS on two machines at once. That violates the licensing agreement, which you agreed to when you chose to purchase a computer with Windows pre-installed or to install it yourself.

IMO you should be more concerned with the manufacturer that sold you a faulty motherboard. I've replaced a faulty motherboard on more than one occasion and have had no trouble in re-activating the Windows installation after a single phone call.

But hey, what do I know. Down with the man! Down with evil corporations trying to make a profit on the products they make! Fight the power!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Personally I think Bill Gates is a genius. Can't count the number of days I wish I had done what he did and have the kind of money he does. I have no problems at all with people getting rich from their ingenuity.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hate Microsoft phone tech support. If I saw a Microsoft tech support person getting mauled by a tiger, I wouldn't help them.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Personally I think Bill Gates is a genius. Can't count the number of days I wish I had done what he did and have the kind of money he does. I have no problems at all with people getting rich from their ingenuity.

+1 Agreed.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Doh! Should've done a spam check before responding :/

http://www.google.com/#q=%22Be+careful+ ... TZlSg8c0wI
  • teniveri
  • teniveri

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have posted in several forums

I am preparing the german version.

I respect your point of view. I think microsoft abusive licenses.

I will never buy microsoft again.

People who lives of software I hope will live in a better way without Microsoft.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I have posted in several forums

What are you saying?! You mean...we're...not exclusive? *GASP* You good for nothing cheater! My friends warned me that you just couldn't keep your links to yourself! Did I listen? Did I? Of course not! *Runs off stage hysterically aaaaand cut - That's a wrap*
  • teniveri
  • teniveri

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am sorry for you.

But I trust you because you're a ninja

Best Regards
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

teniveri wrote:
I respect your point of view. I think microsoft abusive licenses.

You think Microsoft abuses their own licenses by enforcing them? Oh please do explain.
  • teniveri
  • teniveri

Post 3+ Months Ago

I disagree with the OEM licenses. I think are abusives and coarted my freedom. When I buy that license I don't knew the limitations. It goes in the small letter.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I disagree with the OEM licenses. I think are abusives and coarted my freedom. When I buy that license I don't knew the limitations. It goes in the small letter.

this relates to a point I made to a friend not too many days ago. I think it should be required for software companies to put their license agreements on the box that the user purchases; considering that you buy the software, open it, begin to install it and may not agree with the agreement - you aren't allowed to return the product because it's open at that point. Seems like a bit of entrapment to me.

Say a product looks interesting, so you buy it for a couple hundred bucks, only to find out in their license they state that by installing the software they own your first child. No one would agree to it, but that companies already has a couple hundred bucks from your purchase and you can't get it back.
  • teniveri
  • teniveri

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you're right.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I personally don't understand the point of this. While I agree with mindfulsilence that EULA's should be more visible on packaging pre-purchase, EULA's for both reputable and proprietary software and OEM OS's are easily accessible to read pre-purchase via simple searches. And Microsoft, per se, is not an evil ogre as some might think (half the world or more relies on their software). For the most part their OS works nicely and reactivating is as simple as a relatively painless phone call. I've reactivated Microsoft XP more times than I can count swapping out hard drives with valid OS's (namely XP) without any issues and in less then 15 minutes.

I truly don't understand this rant against MS. It's unfounded and unwarranted.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have to agree that Microsoft tech support sucks at dealing with anything that's not in their scripted phone speaches, but to be fair they have to be that way because of how many people steal their software and then try to get free tech support when the automated processes deactivate it.
  • teniveri
  • teniveri

Post 3+ Months Ago

Of course I maintain my point of view.

This type of company try to abuse of customers and try to say is normal. Normal for them.

I hope they be forced to change like they try to impose their conditions.
  • teniveri
  • teniveri

Post 3+ Months Ago

May be.
Now I am very happy with other solutions.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts