Cat alarm clock

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

My cat isn't allowed in my bedroom and he knows it because there's nothing I hate more than laying down to go to sleep and having cat hair tickle my nose. He'll sit right at my door, but he will not come in unless I'm gone. Occasionally I will come home and catch him in my bedroom and I make a "pssssst!" sound and he runs out and sits outside the door.

Anyway, about the alarm clock. Every morning between 5-6AM if I'm not awake, he will sit outside my bedroom door and meow in all kinds of different tones until I get up. Even if he already has a full bowl of food and water. Never fails.

Now if I could just get him to make coffee I'd be set.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Haha, have to love the pet alarms. Cat's have such a lovely vocal range. I'm sure that's quite pleasant. O_o

I have a 10-month-old choc. dapple dachshund that gets up every morning at 5:30. The other is a little older, so he likes to sleep in (in comparison). They sleep in the bedroom in on a huge dog bed, so they have run of the room. Once he gets up, he goes to my wife's side and whimpers until she says 'No, oscar, not yet', and then he'll go out and occupy himself for a bit. He returns every 15 minutes and repeats the process until we decide to give in. He's persistent if nothing else. :)

There's a happy ending for me, though. When we move into our house next weekend, the dog bed gets moved to the utility room!
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a yorkshire terrier who's about a year and a half old. Since the time I got him, he's been my alarm clock. Everyday at 7am he never fails to jump on my bed, lick my face (not calmly), and jump all over my stomach. It always ends the same, he wakes me up; in my half sleep daze I push him off the bed (it's only a foot and a half off the ground), and he jump back up to do it again. Eventually I get annoyed and get up to play fetch or tug of war with him and his favorite toys.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh man, that makes me happy to own weenie dogs, haha. No chance they're getting on the bed. They can peek over the edge, but they can't get up.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

All of our pets are as quiet as a leaf... it's my little brothers who wake me up at 10 am :lol:
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Man when I was a kid we got my grandmothers Yorkshire Terrier when she died and it used to do the same thing. Anyone who left their bedroom door open was woken up by a licking dog in the morning.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Never underestimate the power of the morning thunder (aka flatulence).
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Unfortunately, the wife would become victim of the thunder as well. It probably wouldn't work as a repellant, but I bet it would be a sure way to land myself on the couch the next night. :)
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

At the end of the day, you cannot control it.

Great alarm clock though, although it has no set time.
  • Jenie0109
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ahh that's so sweet. My cat however is pretty much useless other than kill a display. She sometimes sits beside the television and would look like a stuffed toy and killing cockroaches. Every morning I always see a dismembered cockroach by the garage.
  • monkeylin
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • monkeylin

Post 3+ Months Ago

is it the cat in your picture?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

No I got this picture from Digg I think it was. My cat is gray, white, and fluffy.
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Kittens that like to play at Midnight, 2am, 4am, 6am and sleep all day while your at work................ Why cant' I be a "dog guy"? lol
  • iveysaur
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Awww.. That's adorable..
It would be nice if you had a set time to get up. xD
Glad my dogs don't do that.. Although once school starts again they can. <.<
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

My cat is no good as an alarm clock all it does in head butts the door of whatever room I happen to be in at the time, I'm not even the only person in the house there are 3 more people but she likes me. And she mugs me for food (my food not hers).
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

My cat is a bit funny to be honest, he sometimes comes in the wake me, jumping on the bed and headbutting me with soft moew's to get me up. Otherswise he's pretty content running around the house playing shadow games with absolutely no one...

And then there are work mornings, where he is KO'd on my sons bed lol

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts