A certain person keeps calling me, what should I do?

• nzk
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

This guy I stopped being friends with keeps calling both my phones maybe 30 times a day for the past 2 days. What should I do?

I have verizon, so I can't block it.

Should I just make him crap his pants by getting a police to come to his house and say to stop calling?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

just ignore him, he will get bored.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, just ignore him. Again, there is only so much someone will do before they get fed up.
  • psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: long island, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

embrace ur enemies and ur fears!
gawd.
this is so irrelevant it hurts.
  • Dangles
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Dangles
  • Loc: Brooklyn Transplanted into NJ

Post 3+ Months Ago

nzk wrote:
I have verizon, so I can't block it.

If he has a private number you can block him from calling by setting your phone number from not accepting private numbers. I use verizon and for a while used to use this feature, it ended up being a pain since like me most of my family and friends have private numbers.

Anyway what this does is it screens your calls, and when a number from a private unlisted call comes in it prompts them to give their name and then calls you like you were getting a collect call and plays the recording of their name. You then have to choice to accept the call, deny the call, or my favorite it plays a messaged to them saying that you do not accept telemarketing calls and then hangs up(or something like that)

Now yeah if the call is coming from a number that is not private it will ring. If you have caller ID I would just pick up and hang up instantly, or even better get one of those high pitched rape whistles and as soon as you pick up blow into if as loud as possible and then hang up. Just be careful, if he was a friend then he knows where you live and you dont want this to get more confrontational.

Hope this helps
Dangles
  • Cold Canuck
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Michigan, U.S. of eh

Post 3+ Months Ago

nzk wrote:
This guy I stopped being friends with keeps calling both my phones maybe 30 times a day for the past 2 days. What should I do?
Should I just make him crap his pants by getting a police to come to his house and say to stop calling?
If this person is the sort to go off the deep end if you involve the authorities, use an answering machine to screen all calls and turn off the phone's ringer...a few weeks of having his calls ignored will start to wear him down.

But, if he is a normally level headed type, call the police and ask if they will write it up as a complaint, they may have departmental policies affecting where a persons repeated calls become harassment.

You don't deserve to be harassed, but it takes a little planning to get through things like this.

Good luck.

C.C.
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Get an answering machine that says "HELLO" Then pause, wait for the abuse, then say after about 40 seconds or so, say this is an answering machine, please leave a message after the beep or tone or whatever.

That way you have the abuse on tape, and then you can ask them nicely to stop calling you otherwise you will take it to the police.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
Yes, just ignore him. Again, there is only so much someone will do before they get fed up.

Yea...? I think the Hilside Strangler got fed up. Change your number. If he starts showing up around your house or place of work get a restraining order. If he shows up again, invite him in and shoot. :twisted:
  • nzk
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

This kid i used to be friends with keeps calling and calling and calling me on my cell and house phones. I don't pick up when I see him calling now, but its getting real tiring. I had a friend tell him that i dont ever want to talk to him, however, he keeps calling and pleading for forgiveness. What can i do?

I want to file a harassment report with the police but I dont know if that qualifies as harassment.

Thanks!
  • xlgfx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • xlgfx
  • Loc: saint joseph, missouri

Post 3+ Months Ago

please tell me his name isnt trevis?

i have a friend that does that. hes been calling harassing the same girl, every night, for the past 2 years. hope you have plenty of free time!

the police have talked to him, her parents have talked to him, on several occassions. u better just hope he isnt as stubborn as my friend is. i dont know what to tell ya
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

nzk wrote:
This kid i used to be friends with keeps calling and calling and calling me on my cell and house phones. I don't pick up when I see him calling now, but its getting real tiring. I had a friend tell him that i dont ever want to talk to him, however, he keeps calling and pleading for forgiveness. What can i do?

I want to file a harassment report with the police but I dont know if that qualifies as harassment.

Thanks!

There is nothing wrong with notifying the police about it, or at least informing the guy that is calling you that you will let the police know about this. This might scare him off.

Another option you have is to speak to the guy, accept his apology and you then can decide whether to mature and ignore this silly situation has come about or you could decide to cut contact with him.

It is your choice. Lose a friend because of something silly (if it has anything to do with your website dispute) or accept that you were both wrong and speak to the guy...i'll leave that decision to you.
  • nzk
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its more complicated, the website dispute was the catalyst
  • psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: long island, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

OriginNO_II wrote:
SB wrote:

Yea...? I think the Hilside Strangler got fed up. Change your number. If he starts showing up around your house or place of work get a restraining order. If he shows up again, invite him in and shoot. :twisted:

YOU LOOK LIKE A RELATIVE OF JIMI HENDRIX!
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why the double posting? I merged your 2 threads together.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

nzk, you shouldn't be asking for opinions on this or any internet forum. Based on the fact that the website dispute is the catalyst and the guy is bordering on harassment, you need to contact and attorney and get genuine legal advice.
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
nzk, you shouldn't be asking for opinions on this or any internet forum. Based on the fact that the website dispute is the catalyst and the guy is bordering on harassment, you need to contact and attorney and get genuine legal advice.

This is a good place for opinions, maybe one of us has had "website beef" before.

nzk.. just answer the phone, chances are this person has no clue of any laws and wouldn't crap his pants if you call the police. He can say he was just trying to get ahold of you and thats why he kept calling. He wouldn't be calling if he didn't feel that you guys couldn't resolve your frendship.

SB that dam song is freaking addictive.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts