China now has more people on the Internet than United States

  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 9099
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
BEIJING (AP) -- China's booming Internet population has surpassed the United States to become the world's biggest, with 253 million people online despite government controls on Web use, according to government data reported Friday.

The latest figure on Web use at the end of June is a 56 percent increase from a year ago, the China Internet Network Information Center said. It said the share of the Chinese public using the Internet is still just 19.1 percent, leaving more room for rapid growth.

The United States had an estimated 223.1 million Internet users in June, according to Nielsen Online, a research firm. The Pew Internet and American Life Project puts U.S. online penetration at 71 percent.


http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080725/china_internet_boom.html

Thought this was interesting, and only 19.1% of China's population is online compared to 71% of the US. My first thought is that by not having a Chinese version of a website you could be missing out on an substantial audience.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Posts: 2209
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, Brian. I have the same thinking, really. :)
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Posts: 2209
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd love to see Ozzu with chinese translation :)
  • Tian
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • Tian
  • Posts: 6

Post 3+ Months Ago

China has a lot of syntaxic websites including politics,computer,art,music,movie,social,news,almost everything related to people's life,such as sina,163,qq,baidu.But in USA,it's difficult to look for such a website.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Posts: 2209
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Tian, I really don't get you there. Baidu is just a search engine, US has Google. I'm not sure about others but I'm sure US has the websites you're looking for if you want, unless you don't bother to read it.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Posts: 8416
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

google translater is always an option :lol:
  • Tian
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • Tian
  • Posts: 6

Post 3+ Months Ago

George L. wrote:
Tian, I really don't get you there. Baidu is just a search engine, US has Google. I'm not sure about others but I'm sure US has the websites you're looking for if you want, unless you don't bother to read it.

Hi,George.I'm afraid that I can't agree with you.Baidu has blog,news,music,IM,forum and other service just like Google.They are not only search engine.Of course,Google and Baidu are not genuine syntaxic website(sina).
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Posts: 2209
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

You don't have to agree with me, you better understand first. I didn't say Baidu is worse or anything but it's mainly for China. Google is international, needless to say the best search engine in the world, no doubt. Even Sina uses Google search. I'm very irritated by some people who don't understand Google that much.

Quote:
Nothing is like Google


1 more thing I'm disturbed by your word syntaxic. I just visited Sina and it's McAfee warning website which might contains Adware or Spyware. I just took the risk visiting that site.

What's so special about it??

Google doesn't have to compete with others about other features. Its main focus is on Search. You really need to 'know' more about Google before posting a challenging website against it.

It's built by 2 young computer scientists who, one created PageRank. Until today, not one single soul other than Page himself knows the code being used; otherwise they are not number one in Search.

And they are smart, intelligent enough to protect their codes (don't ask me how).
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 195
  • Loc: Spring Hill, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

shift happened....
  • Ebiztrendz
  • Born
  • Born
  • Ebiztrendz
  • Posts: 3
  • Loc: New Delhi, India

Post 3+ Months Ago

AS per the first post, i really must say that China is going to cover Good Internet Market.

Every one must have to understand.

Being online is always means, be honest to your services what you provide. every one including public & automated search engine will like.
  • Tian
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • Tian
  • Posts: 6

Post 3+ Months Ago

George L. wrote:
You don't have to agree with me, you better understand first. I didn't say Baidu is worse or anything but it's mainly for China. Google is international, needless to say the best search engine in the world, no doubt. Even Sina uses Google search. I'm very irritated by some people who don't understand Google that much.

Quote:
Nothing is like Google


1 more thing I'm disturbed by your word syntaxic. I just visited Sina and it's McAfee warning website which might contains Adware or Spyware. I just took the risk visiting that site.

What's so special about it??

Google doesn't have to compete with others about other features. Its main focus is on Search. You really need to 'know' more about Google before posting a challenging website against it.

It's built by 2 young computer scientists who, one created PageRank. Until today, not one single soul other than Page himself knows the code being used; otherwise they are not number one in Search.

And they are smart, intelligent enough to protect their codes (don't ask me how).

Please tell me that Did I Compare Google With Baidu?Please don't be so sensitive!
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Posts: 2209
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, cool, Tian. Nice to have you here :)
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Posts: 2209
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
John J. Mearsheimer, a professor of political science at the University of Chicago summarizes this point of view this way; "China and the United States are destined to clash militarily and the United States has an interest to do all it can to forestall China's becoming economically rich enough to challenge it."

Author Will Hutton vehemently disagrees with this point of view. In "The Writing On The Wall" Hutton presents a methodical, logical and compelling case for the United States to pursue policies that will only encourage the continued and inevitable modernization of China. Hutton's thoughtful and convincing analysis of the situation certainly turns conventional wisdom on its head.

According to Hutton, the continued mercurial growth of the Chinese economy is simply unsustainable given the current policies being pursued by the Communists who are still in charge in China. There is simply no way that the policies and political environment favored by those who are currently in power in Beijing can mesh with the continued and sustained economic growth that China is seeking.


Amazon.com, Brilliant analysis of how the United States should proceed in our relations with China.
Customer Reviews
The Writing on the Wall: Why We Must Embrace China as a Partner or Face It as an Enemy

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B0 ... ewpoints=1
[28 July 2008]
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 195
  • Loc: Spring Hill, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

it was inevitable they have more people.. just a matter of time for the technology to permeate into standards.
  • Tian
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • Tian
  • Posts: 6

Post 3+ Months Ago

How are you?George.The economy of China and other developing countries grows very fast,and it's inevitable and in accordance with the rule of social development.The other countries should,or have to,cooperater with them.Regarding them as the block is useless.China and India have about 2.3 billion population,and they have enormous market and potential.They are empty bottles when USA is almost full.
  • SB
  • Moderator
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 8745
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Tian wrote:
How are you?George.The economy of China and other developing countries grows very fast,and it's inevitable and in accordance with the rule of social development.The other countries should,or have to,cooperater with them.Regarding them as the block is useless.China and India have about 2.3 billion population,and they have enormous market and potential.They are empty bottles when USA is almost full.


I'll agree with you.

Your bottle remark was pretty well how i view it. There is alot of potential for the future economy of both China and India. The potential exceeds what the USA could ever achieve largely down to the population and land mass. Chinese and Indian people don't just live in their respective countries, they are all over the world. So, whilst the populations in their countries are as they are, the census for both countries usually don't include those who live out with their countries borders.
  • IcyDragoon
  • Student
  • Student
  • IcyDragoon
  • Posts: 65

Post 3+ Months Ago

Tian wrote:
China has a lot of syntaxic websites including politics,computer,art,music,movie,social,news,almost everything related to people's life,such as sina,163,qq,baidu.But in USA,it's difficult to look for such a website.


Yes, I agree with you.

I am Chinese ^^ We have lots and many different kinds of websites.

I'll provide some for illustrating..

http://www.hao123.com This is a reference website, which provides all different kinds of sites by categories for visiors. (guiding them to where they want)

http://www.greendland.net This provides anime news, picture, wallpaper, cosplay, torrent downloads and much more ~

http://www.sina.com errr I guess you guys knew it already XD.

http://www.qq.com This is the offical site of the chatting software QQ, also called OICQ. It's contents are very broad, wide...many sites are like this, such as 163.com, ifeng.com, xinhuanet.com, china.com/zh_cn and many more,,,,

http://ibook8.com/ provides programming books....

http://www.17173.com/ provides info and downloads of online games...

http://www.readnovel.com/ site about novel, books .....

http://www.readnovel.com/ software downloading site

and many more to be listed one by one....

its easier to understand what I mean by taking a look at http://www.hao123.com
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Posts: 8416
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, chine DOES have the more people living there than America has living here...

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.