College Tuition?

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was looking through my schools MSDN Academic Alliance and even thought I believe its a software grant by micorsoft I couldnt help but wonder.

Here is a list of all the software my school provides free to all students.

How much does technology impackted the cost of college tuition? My school replaces all of there computers about every 2 or 3 years.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can't say much about it as none of my schools have even had computers, far less free software.

But I imagine schools get subsidies for purchasing software (and everything else for that matter) as it's for educational purposes... I presume the government budget helps out as well (well if they're not private schools)
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh man that academic alliance was totally sweet when I was in school! I still have my copy of XP I got from that. I don't think it really impacts any tuition costs though, because your school gets the volume licenses for all that stuff super duper cheap. If anything microsoft is taking a (very small) hit in the wallet for that, if even at all.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

woah thats a LOT of progs for free!!
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • spork
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

We get every Microsoft product for free with the exception of Windows and Office. Being a tech school, we upgrade our systems constantly anyways, so I doubt tuition has anything to do with it.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Our school bought all the Windows and Office etc. but they weren't very big on technology, when I was in Grade 12 (Final Year) we had windows 200 and we were programming in Pascal ... fun times ...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts