Conference on National Affairs, Proposal Help

• b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey everyone,

I was selected to be one of the 18, out of 400, participants in the Youth and Government program to participate in the Conference on National Affiars this summer. Anyways I need to come up with a proposal for the conference, and it needs to be of national or international relevence/concern. I was hoping to do something with the Patriot act's but that has already been done last year, and thus is banned.

I was wondering if anyone had anything they think is of national importance. If all else fails, and sorry ya' northerners, I'm declaring war on Canada ;)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Somewhere on Google Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

well I would seriously decline war on Canada, all your soilders will get lost (French signs, besides, the french people are more of a hassle then they are worth ;))

I would suggest something along the lines of the war in/on Iraq, or deal with resources situation (war on Canada is not a solution)
  • Cae
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

naw.... dont go to war with canada, canada is cool, just go to war with quebec...

do something with bush's return to the moon thing... it hasnt gotten alot of coverage yet, but when/if he actually starts funding it, it will become a major topic both nationally, and internationally...
  • shatter2day
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: N.Y.

Post 3+ Months Ago

you could do something about annexing Puerto Rico or the attempted assasinations of Fidel Castro
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with focusing on NASA. Maybe talk about the Mars mission that is being considered. Bring up all the technology that can be gained from the space program. You know, hype it up.
(I am now officially on my soapbox) NASA has been neglected for far to long, and has also been accused as a waste of tax payers money. But, seriously, when you think about it, where has a lot of the revolutionary technology come from? The space program! Satalites, for one. That brings in GPS, and other sophisticated hardware. A lot lot LOT of computers were developed for use in the space programs. There are a lot of other things too, but Im to tired to think very well. lol. So.......yeah. NASA would be a good topic!
:)
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

congratulations!

do something on the current state of afghanistan, maybe. We don't here a whole lot about that country any more. Be nice to have some information about how the country is a couple years later.
  • rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

i say do software patents. http://swpat.ffii.org/

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts