Connecting to PC....

• JakeTheSnake
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Panama City, Fl

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am wanting to create a website about Video Games for PS2 and XBox and stuff and I want to put screenshots of my games so that way I can have some original pictures. How can I do this? Is there a way I can connect the game system to my computer or what? Thanks for the help.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wish I had an answer for you. I would guess you would need to run the signal into your vid card for that. Hopefully someone else in the forum will have experience in this.

//moved
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could do it with a tv in on your graphics card as dm said. I remember reading in the official PS2 magazine that they use some custom-coded software to do it. How true that is I don't know....
  • JakeTheSnake
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL Maybe it is more complicated that I thought. But maybe someone else will know.
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the biggest problem will be getting screen shots at just the right moment - you either need a mate ready to hit alt+printScreen or some way of recording clips to video format and then selecting frames later. I'm sure it is do-able and someone here will know how, just thought I would put in a word of encouragement :D
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, you'll need a video capture card to do that..

Your best bet would probably be getting hold of a Pinnacle Studio DC10+..

It has SVideo & Composite in & out. Just hook up your PS2 to the SVideo input, and you can take full size SVideo 30fps videos, then just whip out the single screens you want.

You can pick up a Pinnacle Studio DC10+ these days for way under 100 bucks (they were $100 bucks new a year ago - they were around $600 new when I bougth mine a few years ago. They've really dropped in price).
  • JakeTheSnake
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks a lot. I appreciate the help. I will have to look into one of those.
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Another way would be to just take a normal pic with a digital camera, then put it on the computer. Some of the cameras and clean-up software out there is pretty good, so you may be able to get some decent looking pics. That may be a cheaper solution than buying a new card.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts