AT&T continues to build a bad reputation over MicroCell

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

What's that? Your AT&T 3G coverage sucks in your area? Can't play with your iPhone then much, huh? Have you tried a Microcell? It's a device that you can use to route your calls over the internet (which not only improves your usage, but reduces the company's traffic as well). AT&T is offering the device for $20 a month, but there's an initial fee of $150 as well.

So let me get this straight - AT&T wants us to buy their crap because they supposedly have a great 3G network that can handle the iPhone no problem. Why do their customers have to pay an additional monthly fee to fix their network and lower their traffic??

Thoughts?

http://gizmodo.com/5364161/3g-microcell ... e=true&s=x (warning - language)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know how it is in other parts of the country, but my AT&T 3G access hasn't ever let me down.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm with Verizon and I'm happy with service in my area, but I do get a laugh out of watching the iPhone addicts running around the office. They get service, but not 3G.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Guessing by the way telephone companies work, I'm thinking the new offer adds maybe $0.50 a month to their cost to provide the service, that's how they justify charging for it in the first place. In order to justify charging more than it costs them, they revert back to Capitalism and the market supporting that price.

--

I think the people having problems with 3G are the ones who have to make an event of going to a convenience store because it's 20 minutes away by car.

I live in an area where it's tough to think of anywhere you can be without having a store you can walk to in 20 minutes. I've yet to meet someone with an iPhone around here complaining about coverage.
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can't say I've had any problems with ATT 3G although its pretty rare that I'm in a place without wifi so maybe that's helping out a bit.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts