Contracts question- I need help

• cdx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Israel

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone...

I need to make up my mind about something, and I just don't have the right experience in this matter.

I am working on a site for renting short term apartments. I got this job because I offered my skills to someone I know. He live in Paris and I live in Israel- same place where this guy used to lived before.

We have deal about percents I will get for every sell (booking for apartment).

The site is under construction and my main concern is that the domain is under his name. I think that we need to make a contract about moving the site under my name too so I will disable his ability to 'close the doors' once the site is done.

It's not that I don't trust him, I just don't trust people in 100% and I want to make sure I am not wasting my time on something that can make me disappointed.

How to act? To tell him to move the site under my name too(Is it going to help?)?
To sign up a contract? If so, what to make sure I am writing in it?

I will be happy to hear some advices you might have...

Thanks in advance,

Cdx.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• panreach
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

If the only way you're going to profit from it is by percentage, don't accept the gig without a contract. Nobody in their right mind would do it without that piece of paper. I would think that any form of a contract that explicitly states the facts about the said terms would sufice. Doesn't have to be fancy just needs both signatures and anything and everything that might be asked in court.
  • Ifrit
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Portugal

Post 3+ Months Ago

probably get some counceling from a lawyer? i don't know
  • cdx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Israel

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks guys.

Lets say that what I scared the most, is that this guy will close the domain (for me). Is being one of the owners of this domain will solve the problem?

Can two person be owners of the same domain?

Cdx.
  • virtualwebc
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am not sure about that but I don't think so. It would be nice to know.

With you two living on different sides of the world like that I don't think any type of contract would really work out. Unless you both were really honest with the money split, and you both hit it big would you actually travel that far to take legal action on the other. With two different countries like that it would be hard.

Think about this........ How does the other guy know that if he puts it in your name that you wouldn't cut him out of the deal?

Youve both should put your expectations down on a pice of paper and see how it goes.

Use your gut feeling on this one.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts