Cool service to test your website in MANY browsers!

• WritingBadCode
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just found: browsershots (dot) org

Its a site that browses (your) site and takes screen shot(s) I did a test using 65 different setups simultaneously, but as I understands it its capable to test a site using 100+ Browsers & OS combinations as well! It's not ultra quick but it will give a good hint as to what browsers your site supports and what browsers it doesn't support. Have you tried out this service or do you use something else to test browser comparability and what is your opinion about this?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

306 minutes to a hour to test 65 browsers, the serverload must be going nuts with all the traffic really should not take that long. must be a long line up lol.

good post but takes too long tho. should bookmark tho
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I simply installed opera, chrome, and firefox on my computer and use IETester for the various internet explorers. Seems to work for me.
  • sherma
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

me too, I have chrome, ff, and IE installed. I have a group of friends on a list in fb who have other browsers and so I just send them a link and ask them all to check it out and let me know if it's working or not.. lazy I know. I've still bookmarked this though. I like that you can select specific ones, even OS.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well now that i think of it as long as it looks good on my computer and no one reports a problem then i am fine. never had a layout complaint tho

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts