Copyright.....

• Liamw411
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Liamw411
  • Loc: United Kingdom

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I am just wondering if anybody has had to deal with copyrights when creating their own project/s. what was the outcome/s, and how did you get there?

I am from the UK by the way, so more specific info is better, but not a must and I would like to hear from anyone who has had to deal with copyright issues.

---edit----

re-read this and realised it is not very clear as to what I am asking. So to make it a little clearer I am meaning towards the use of other websites content, not so much stealing, I would calling "using". it would not be entire articles either it would be short paragraphs and maybe emails and telephone numbers. I have been reading myself and have seen that this should be ok because of fair usage which I cannot figure if it will allow me to do what I want.

Thanks Liamw411.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Give credit and link at the foot of the report on your site you have copied,

Wikipedia is free, I donate to Wikipedia, so are Images **provided they are in the public domain**

WWF allow text to be copied.
HTH
S
  • Zimistrz

Post 3+ Months Ago

You are eligible to quote part of text by providing information about the source you took the info (text or image etc.) Don't forget that it's intellectual property protected by law.

AND do not forget that duplicated content (much more than a quote) is a nono for uncle G. ;)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts