Post 3+ Months Ago

Or getting married?
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

:-(

Still havent accomplished anything. Never been married. No kids.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you are feeling this way then maybe this is a hint that you need to rearrange whatever priorities you have. If you want a wife and family, then go out and look for one and make it work.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol I remember being 40 once. I reach half a century next year. Thinking about that countdown thing........
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

you owe some mafia boss money and there is no way you can pay it back ... ?
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I turn 30 next month....... it's hard to beleive that I'm actually an adult.... this sucks! :(
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

you're planning to commit ritual suicide in the town square by driving a 6" stiletto heel trough your eye into your brain?

that's my guess :D

the age thing is weird - I'll turn 30 this year, and I feel not much different to the way I did when I was 19..... I know I've changed, but my priorities haven't, and my self-image certainly hasn't. I should be having kids I suppose, but it feels like such a... such an adult thing to do!! people are hopeless... I guess we all feel 17 until we keel over from that heart attack at the age of 73.....
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know that my friends are feeling old. They've all got kids. lol talk about sucking the life out of you..... :P I've only got one close friend without kids so we hang out with each other most of the time.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm only 21, but I feel old because I drive by the high school and all the students look so young.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess that's what struck me last year. I was 21 and doing some studies and one of my classmates was 16. When i realised i was 5 years older than him it just dawned on me how quick life is after school.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll be 40 this year(December). Honestly, I would never want to be younger than I am now. For me, it's all a bit like a video game and I'm always glad to get to the next level.

I especially wouldn't want to be a teenager again. Sheesh, being that oblivious to the world and deluded into thinking I knew what was going on? No thanks.

My 20's were good, but my 30's have been better - more confidence, more respect, more money, etc.

I'm looking for good stuff in my 40's.
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

digitalMedia wrote:
I'll be 40 this year(December). Honestly, I would never want to be younger than I am now. For me, it's all a bit like a video game and I'm always glad to get to the next level.

I especially wouldn't want to be a teenager again. Sheesh, being that oblivious to the world and deluded into thinking I knew what was going on? No thanks.

My 20's were good, but my 30's have been better - more confidence, more respect, more money, etc.

I'm looking for good stuff in my 40's.

Couldn't be said better than that dM. I'll be 42 this year (August) and never have felt better. This is, without doubt, my best time.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

i'm 26 in nov this year. I dun regret or anything. It's cool.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I totally agree with dM (as usual). But it's not really about regretting one's age or wanting to go back - i don't want to go back to high school, I wouldn't if you paid me. It's just about not realistically feeling as old as one knows one is. I just can't conceive the fact that I'm about to turn thirty. It just doesn't... make sense to me, somehow. I can't explain it much better than that.....
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

digitalMedia wrote:

That hits the nail right on the head alright.

I just turned 34 this month and I got some chinos and dress shirts for presents. The strange thing is how excited I got about them. I was like, "Alright! I'm going to look so professional!"

Then I was like, "wait... who said that??"
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

digitalMedia wrote:

This part is true. I have a huge house, and 3 motorbikes in the garage. I am just a little surprized that I still can't get a woman in my life. It was pretty important to me, even from 17 on I knew it would be important to me in my life.

Why is it the things we want most, are the most elusive?
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

It seems like after I "became an adult" and moved out of my parents house and got a full time job, it feels like the next step is to get old and wrinkly and wait for the day that I have to go to an old folks home, then after that I will be waiting to die in my sleep or something.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

camperjohn wrote:

I wish I had something insightful or cogent to tell you, but I met my wife when I was 19 and damned if she's still not a complete mystery to me. ;)
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had a girl friend in high school, and that was it. I just really really like being single. I see my brother in-law getting nagged all the time by my sister, and I see these other "happily" married people out in the wild that can't stop arguing and bickering, they make these beds that are adjustable because you and your spouse can't agree on a firmness. I suppose one day, maybe just maybe, I'll meet the absolute perfect match for me and we will live happily ever after. I never really have been one for casual dating, my one girl friend I dated lasted for almost 3 years until we graduated and she went to college to play volleyball and I went elsewhere, we eventually grew apart.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

mmm okay not to get all girly and soppy here and ruin a perfectly nice thread, but relationships do give more than just bickering. And not all women nag. For instance in my marriage I'm the flexible, casual one and my husband worries about everything and is always nagging at me for being too relaxed. But that's hardly the point of the relationship... It's.. hmm.... what is the point of a relationship..... I can certainly dig single people, I understand the appeal. But I just find it fun to have someone around who's seen me in the most intimate situations and knows what I'm like, good sides and nasty sides both. Someone I don't have to 'behave' around, in that social sense, because he knows how I am, and what I like, and how I'm likely to react...

I can't exactly say why that is good, honestly... but I do feel it gives something to my life.

Also sex is a nice thing :) Not that it has to involve a relationship, but I just find it so much easier that way.......

PS - how did a couple that cannot agree on the FIRMNESS OF A MATTRESS ever get it into their heads that locking themselves in a life-long mutually binding contract could POSSIBLY be a good idea???? Some people are just beyond me.....

Quote:

camper, I'm sure I'm way off base here, but I have to say that from reading your posts, I get this strange vibe that you want a woman in the same way in which you want those three bikes you've got. Like, 'she's got to be blond, and she's got to wear heels this high, and ....' I mean the specifics don't matter - it's the approach. Are you hunting for something to put on a shelf? Or even if you're not, do you sound like you are?

from what I've seen of you around this forum, (and admittedly that's not a great deal), I have to say I can't help liking you, but that's very much IN SPITE OF most of the things you write. I.e. I find you likable because I tend to dismiss about 90% of the things you post as glib rubbish, which I presume you don't really mean. Maybe other people take you more at face value......
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

1.3 hours and I turn 40.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

you'll be fine, kid. it won't hurt as much as you think.
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

15 minutes...
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :D !!!

he he that felt a bit like waiting for the New Year.......
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Happy Birthday! Have a good one.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Slap happy Birthday CJ!
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Happy 40th!!

They say the 40's are the new 30's anyway...
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

heh heh and pink is the new black :D

going back to the 'the things you want most in life are the most elusive' thing........ could that be an illusion? Like your car keys are always in the last place you look. Well yes, because after you've found them you don't look any more. So maybe the things we want most are by necessity the ones we don't have. And if someone gave us the things we crave now, and instead took away the ones we already possess - maybe those would then become the things we think we want most?

it's just human nature to yearn for what you don't have.....
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 33 posts