Crayola never ceases to amaze me

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sooner or later I get used to the things that just about every company on Earth makes, with the exception of Crayola. It seems like every single year around Christmas time Crayola starts airing a commercial for a new toy that just leaves me saying "How the heck does that thing work ?!".

This year they didn't disappoint, for on TV I just saw a commercial for the Magical Light Brush [crayola.com], and I'm sitting here baffled about how this thing works.

Any ideas ?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks like perhaps some kind of chemical "stimulous"

Quote:
• Color Wonder products use a colorless system that is invisible on most household surfaces.
• Color Wonder products may alter the appearance of some surfaces. Keep away from wallpaper, painted
walls, finished and unfinished wood, vinyl, leather, and other materials that cannot be laundered.
• To minimize any change in appearance, wipe Color Wonder products off household surfaces immediately.
• After using Color Wonder products, remove residue from hands by washing with soap and water.
• For best results when using Color Wonder paints or spray, apply a light layer on the Color Wonder
surface. Remove any excess paint from the surface by wiping with a dry paper towel.
• Do not leave product in direct sunlight.

http://www.crayola.com/products/instruc ... -brush.pdf

Quote:
Color Wonder Paper is specially coated so color only appears where it should.

All Color Wonder products work on any Color Wonder Paper.

http://www.crayola.com/products/splash/ ... /index.cfm
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

What I thought was pretty funny was this part

Quote:
Color Wonder products may alter the appearance of some surfaces. Keep away from wallpaper, painted
walls, finished and unfinished wood, vinyl, leather, and other materials that cannot be laundered.

I'm like - Doesn't that include everything a kid would normally color on anyway? It only basically leaves out Toilets and porcelain items. So I guess it's OK to color on the toilet.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I'm like - Doesn't that include everything a kid would normally color on anyway?

That was my first thought to. I immediately thought of those Magic Eraser commercials where someone's wiping the stuff some kid just scribbled on a wall.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
...Doesn't that include everything a kid would normally color on anyway?

Hahahaha! My son decided one day to use a Sharpie to draw on various pieces of furniture around the house. I still treasure the sun/spider thing he drew on the armoire in my office.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts