Cure for Unmotivation?

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I feel very unmotivated on finishing my site. I still have lots to do and I feel like I can't do it anymore. Any ways to get started back at it?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Mr OBrien
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: down a creek without a paddle

Post 3+ Months Ago

Think of all the people who will think your site is useful to them.
All the happy faces at the other end.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Money.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
Money.

Thank you spork :D
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Money should be your only motivator.

I wasted a lot of time doing things to help people & tinkering with my own sites and have nothing to show for it, don't be like me. If the site's not going to make you any money, or at least support itself until it does make money, don't waste your time with it.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
I feel very unmotivated on finishing my site. I still have lots to do and I feel like I can't do it anymore. Any ways to get started back at it?

I get in that rut once in a while. What I do is list out the items I need to tackle. Then I do the fun and easy ones first. Usually, just scratching items off that list is enough to get me going again.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is what I have been going through. So I did what dM said. I made a list of the things left to finish and I scratch them off as I go and it makes me feel better.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Money?
I'd think beyond that, Bogey -- Think also how people will be entertained using you Site and how it will help many many millions people who will need your products or service. You're not alone, most developers feel that way I think.
  • rikimaru
  • rikimaru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Add some fun features to site which are not necessary . Just have fun with it , then finish it .
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Today has been the most constructive day for me in a wee while and the last full day i had free i managed to get alot done then. I've found that by thinking about the stuff i need to do when i'm busy i then feel motivated to go and do it when i am not busy. The fact did so well that last day inspired me to go on and do it today so i got even more done.

I am off work tomorrow again, so i plan on doing even more and maybe finally doing some work to my own website again.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been steadily working all day, and the day is just dragging on and on and on. I've got Friday off, woohoo!
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

When I need motivation with working on a site, I check out site galleries and look at the great work other people are doing. I usually find some sort of cool javascript or something completely unnecessary to my own site and try implementing it for fun. Just doing something for fun on my own site usually is motivation to get the ball rolling.

Other times when I feel I need to crunch down I write everything in a list and check em off one by one.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts