Darwin wuz here - Burning Yo-yo

• IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Somewhere on Google Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow this has to be then stupidest person alive... well kind of

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the past there have been many suicides on the Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol, England. There have alkso been at least one successful bungee jump. On 20 th January 2004 there was a slightly different event.
The trustees of the bridge affixed a barrier below the bridge to deter people from making a mess on the road or river below when they decided to end it all.

On this occasion a young man climbed out onto the barrier with his bungee, affixed it and jumped. Now his bungee jump was different as he had already soaked himself in petrol (gasoline for our friends in the USA)and ignited it on the way down. It is presumed that he intended to use his plunge into the river Avon below to extinguish the fire.

Sadly for him his bungee was not long enough to reach the water, so he waas left emulating a kind of flaming yo yo under the bridge. This caused alarm to many passers by.

He eventually was able to cut through his bungee with a knife and fall into the river. He was rescued and taken to hospital. If he recovers he may well be charged by the police and end up in court.

My I say I hope people like this get Darwined

from http://www.darwinawards.com/slush/pendi ... 81120.html
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1 post