D-Day?

• kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

jameson5555 wrote:
I sure don't want to grow old in a country that treats its elders the way the U.S. does.

Japan spends half as much on healthcare as we do and has a longer life expectancy.

I don't plan on living a day past 48. ;)

I wonder if another reason the Japanese live so long is because of all the sea food they eat. I've heard that people way out in eastern Russia have some of the longest life expectancies in the world partly because of the nutrients they get from their high-fish diets.
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

jflynn wrote:
Do you want to pay less for your health insurence but be put on a 6 month waiting list? Sure would suck to die from an ingrown toenail.

Hey, I think the U.S. is a great country. What makes you think we couldn't pull something like this off without six month waiting lists and toenail related deaths?
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the Japanese. I met quite a few when i was travelling Australia and they are perhaps the nicest people i've met...ever.

I've no doubt the Diet they have contributes alot to the life expectancy.

I think it's sort of sad that the thought of living to an old age (to me) concerns me a great deal. I'd hate to be older than 50, seriously. I'd probably kill myself if i ever lived that long...especially if i was still living in the UK and the country continues to go the way it has in the last few years.
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the Japanese culture, too. I spent four weeks there when I was a kid, living with different families. I can't wait to go back to visit.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't want to get old either. The old guy that lives right next door to me is a pretty lonely old guy. The only times I ever see him he either has a brown paper bag with a bottle or a case of beer, and every time I walk down the sidewalk outside I see his tv on inside, even in the wee hours of the morning. He left his car windows open for a few days during a big snow storm last December too. He is just kind of a lonely old drunk and I don't want to be like that. I don't want to ever retire either, because once you retire from your career you are pretty much just sitting around waiting to die.
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't mind getting old so much.. it's the idea of being old and lonely like your neighbor that scares me.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

jameson5555 wrote:
I love the Japanese culture, too. I spent four weeks there when I was a kid, living with different families. I can't wait to go back to visit.

I'm seriously considering flying out to Japan to teach English. Apparently you don't need to know Japanese to do it and they are crying out for people to teach English in japan. If a few other plans don't work out for me over the next few years i might just do it.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB - that is in fact, true. I know quite a few people who have done it without knowing a lick of any Japanese dialect.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

jflynn wrote:
Hillary's and Obama's health care plans are the same. they both suck. We dont' need to "Socialize" out countries medicine.

Our health care system sucks and needs a change. If you read both their plans, no where does it say they are going to scrap the current system. They will be offering another service you can elect to have or not.
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
I'm seriously considering flying out to Japan to teach English. Apparently you don't need to know Japanese to do it and they are crying out for people to teach English in japan. If a few other plans don't work out for me over the next few years i might just do it.

That'd be a sweet gig! The schools there are extremely disciplined, too, so you wouldn't have to deal with a bunch of unruly kids. They get all their aggressions out in their after-school Kendo practice. I had a "brother" there who did that and it's way cooler than football practice. :)
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Back when I was a youngster (8 or 9 years old) I did some form of martial arts, I can't remember what they called it. But the sensai\teacher dude was way into kendo. I always thought it looked fun.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 41 posts