IT Day

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Every year Lockheed Martin puts on a trade show on technology called IT Day. Last year we had Frank Abagnale Jr. who if you don’t know was the man the movie Catch me if you can was based off of. He just talked about his life story, which was much better than the movie.

This year we had Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage from the MythBusters, the host ask them 30 or so questions that people submitted.We also got to see some footage of the show. One of which was never aired on the show because discovery channel wouldn’t allow it (Can flagalents ignite). They also told some really funny stories one of which was what really happened when they tested to see if a cereal box was truly more nutritious than the cereal its self. Which they also never aired that part because discovery wouldn’t let them. Ill just say they started with three mice and ended with one.

One of the really cool things this year was a massive mesh LED screen. When turned off it’s transparent. Also they can control individual LEDs on it so parts of it can be lit and the other half will be transparent.

• Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

cool stuff! plus I love the Myth-Busters. too bad about that cereal/ mice thing - I'd have seriously liked to see that.... ah, damned corporate censorship!!
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Those big LED screens are cool, and actually they are OLEDs (organic LEDs, even though there is nothing organic). They say that is revolutionizing LED technology and there will be television sets that are super thin and that professional athletes can where animated sponsorships on their jerseys and stuff.
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Spoof, you work for Lockheed Martin? I manage warranty activations for your IBM servers.

Small world...
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds like a cool day dude. Plus you get to work for a pretty prestigious company eh?
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wicked, wish I could've been there ...

@kc0tma ... your location is really funny ...
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks R_T, it's not entirely true, but lately I've just been getting really ticked off and annoyed with my town that I live in, so I won't bore you with all my petty complaints and rants.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts