Does anybody know Japanese?

• Zwirko
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: 55° N, 3° W

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Does anybody here have the ability to read and understand Japanese? There are some images on the MILT site that I'd love to use on my own site. Unfortunately I can't read the terms and conditions as they are written in Japanese. I think I can use them, but I'm not sure.

You can read the terms and conditions here: http://w3land.mlit.go.jp/WebGIS/.

A user on wikipedia says they can be used as long as full credit is given. But, tbh, I have little faith in anything anybody on there says anymore.

Thanks for your time.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know if you've tried this already, but online translators don't appear to answer your question either way.

I don't think your answer is in that particular document.
  • Zwirko
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: 55° N, 3° W

Post 3+ Months Ago

I didn't even realise online translators could do Japanese - they do a pretty decent job of it too it seems.

You're right, the page that wikipedia links to doesn't mention anything about using the images as long as full credit is given. I also noticed that url's are mostly in English, so I can poke around some more and use a translator.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

It doesn't even mention anything about crediting them. It just says the use of the system and the images is free of charge, but the user will be obliged to cover any transfer/ transmission costs (whatever that may be) It also gives a lot of warnings about making sure you verify the data before you use it, and the responsibility for the data being 100% valid is on you and not on them.....

That's what I could make out. Hope it helps :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts