Don't threaten to kill yourself unless you mean it.

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Somebody might just help you along your way...

Quote:
BEIJING (Reuters) – A Chinese man was pushed off a bridge by an angry passer-by after his threat to commit suicide held up traffic for five hours, Chinese media reported on Saturday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090525/od_nm/us_jumper_odd
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess that solved the traffic problem.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

For cars, at least. Hope the waterway wasn't very busy.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jeez UPS, you crack me up. It took me a second to figure out what you were talking about.
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Guess Road Rage occurs pretty much everywhere.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I watched that on News the other evening, my mother/father cannot remember who now, tried to explain what happened, I have also tried to figure out what happened..only knew that that passer-by was probably disturbed?

:)
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Disturbed? They said 5 hours, not my 5 minutes. You'd be disturbed too. The guy who did it was correct in saying that the man didn't really want to kill himself. He just wanted some attention & was selfish.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

We considered hanging nets under the Skyway Bridge here in Tampa Bay years ago to deal with the jumpers.
Thankfully we came to our senses and realized it would spoil the view of the bridge for the rest of us though.

I once met a guy who jumped off the bridge and lived, twice. I guess being confined to a wheelchair after the first jump was a little too much for him. After the second jump now though he's always excited to meet new people so he can brag about how much of a badass he is.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I watched that on News the other evening, my mother/father cannot remember who now, tried to explain what happened, I have also tried to figure out what happened..only knew that that passer-by was probably disturbed?

Doesn't help that this guy was the last of a looong line of people who pulled the same stunt on the same bridge. Apparently, there's been like a dozen threats, but no one has actually jumped. Right around the 10th time, I'd probably be ready to 'help' them out, too. heh

Quote:
I once met a guy who jumped off the bridge and lived, twice. I guess being confined to a wheelchair after the first jump was a little too much for him. After the second jump now though he's always excited to meet new people so he can brag about how much of a badass he is.

heh, is he a karma believer? I bet it's going to be something really awkward that finally gets him. The kind of thing that makes you say 'Really? That can kill you?' because surviving jumpin off a bridge twice just leaves something simple.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Doesn't help that this guy was the last of a looong line of people who pulled the same stunt on the same bridge. Apparently, there's been like a dozen threats, but no one has actually jumped. Right around the 10th time, I'd probably be ready to 'help' them out, too. heh

You'ld think they'd post a guard on the bridge after like, I don't know, say, the 5th time it happened right ? :lol:
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
You'ld think they'd post a guard on the bridge after like, I don't know, say, the 5th time it happened right ?

Yeah really - it's not like it's been over several months either:

Quote:
Chen was at least the twelfth person since early April to threaten suicide at the same spot, the Haizhu bridge in Guangzhou. But none jumped and -- until Lian gave Chen a helping hand -- none was pushed.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd be willing to bet that it will be awhile before somebody tries again. And if they do, they will probably be seriously looking over their shoulder for Lian Jiansheng
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
I'd be willing to bet that it will be awhile before somebody tries again. And if they do, they will probably be seriously looking over their shoulder for Lian Jiansheng

lol
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Man, this was too funny to not speak... I have to check "General Discussion" forum more often :lol:
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Beware Bogey, it's dangerous in here.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
Beware Bogey, it's dangerous in here.

I guess I could be trudging on thin ice... was I disrespectful? I was wondering about that... or were you talking about something else?

Happy birthday by the way... I'd start the topic but I don't know what to title it :lol:

[EDIT:] Nevermind, you already got that post
  • dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hope the guy gets a Nobel peace prize instead of jail time.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts