Voting Chart

Total votes : 18

What happens next?

•  
    A sex scandal involving McCain & former Miss Alaska.
  •  
    A financial scandal involving Palin, Alaska, & Big Oil.
  •  
    McCain gets assassinated in his first month and Palin becomes the first woman president.
  •  
    McCain has heart attack and Palin becomes president. re: number 1
  •  
    Palin's husband discovers them...McCain is impeached
  •  
    Undecided

U.S. election 2008

• jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well Senator McCain finaly chose his running mate. The Woman Gov. from Alaska, Sarah Palin. So now no matter who wins, it's not just going to be a couple white guys in the White House.

I think that it's kinda cool. What about you?

Note: please don't turn this into a political argument.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Possible situations.

1) A sex scandal involving McCain & former Miss Alaska.
2) A financial scandal involving Palin, Alaska, & Big Oil.

I was going to vote if McCain picked Romney. I'm not so sure I will now, I've never even heard of Palin. She seems alright at first glance, but the fact that she's got ties in Alaska, the place Big Oil would love to get their hands in, raises a red flag for me.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Make a poll. I'd vote number 2

//On second thought add a third option. McCain gets assassinated in his first month and Palin becomes the first woman president. (no ill intent extended to McCain, btw)
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Now that you mention it, I think #1 could in a way lead to #3, considering McCains age. What would happen in that situation ?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

heart attack? //anyone wanna take dibs on how fast Google indexes this one?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Joe, help me keep track of poll options *wink

//revoting is allowed.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

just realized every time poll options are added poll count resets. Sorry about that, but poll will run until election. You can revote at any time.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyone else notice how the google ads on the right side are showing a McCain\Palin banner in this thread? I guess that means the google spider works!
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oddly, I'm getting an ad for Joomla Tutorials.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just downloaded the current version of Joomla....hmmmm...
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got the joomla ad just now, then changed my vote, and now I'm getting a bunch of little text only ads for various Obama and McCain related websites.

I have a new scenario, it kind of involves a few of the ones listed. While trying to broker a deal with big oil companies in Alaska, McCain and Palin get totally smashed in a night club in Florida and, shall we say, end up sharing a motel room together. And in the process, all the excitement and caffeinated alcohol cause McCain to drop over of a massive heart attack. Palin takes office and tries to hide the bitter truth, but talks in her sleep and her husband hears, and then SHE gets impeached and divorced for a sex scandal.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was just thinking about her husband. That would kind of suck being that guy, I think.

Oh well, here's to him.

:drinking:
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

If he's smart he will stay in Alaska and spend his time fishing and hunting and everything at the tax payers expense, lucky SOB.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

What if Obama is elected with Bidden as vice and Obama gets assasinated ? Would people be more pissed off about that than they would if he just never made it into office ?

I read up a little bit on Palin, I didn't realize until now that she's for drilling in Alaska. That makes the red flag fly a little higher for me.
Though she seems to have brought a lot of corruption to justice. If she does end up having something to do with drilling in Alaska becomming a reality it might be safe to say that at least there will be no scandals around the sitiation.

I don't know about that 90%+ approval rating though. Nobody is that clean.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I feel like we'll "GTKY: Palin" next week at the RNC convention. I'm going to give her a fair shot.

I hate to sound like a chauvinist, but she's pretty easy on the eyes...in a neo-conservative, pro-drilling ANWR, anti-choice kind of way. :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

tell you what dM, you email her, get her to sign up here and we'll start a GTKY thread.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes! In fact, we should get all four, McPalin and O'Biden to sign up and have a debate on Ozzu! :thumbsup:
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Damnit how am I supposed to get a job as a pool boy in Alaska !?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
Damnit how am I supposed to get a job as a pool boy in Alaska !?

• kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
I read up a little bit on Palin, I didn't realize until now that she's for drilling in Alaska. That makes the red flag fly a little higher for me.
Though she seems to have brought a lot of corruption to justice. If she does end up having something to do with drilling in Alaska becomming a reality it might be safe to say that at least there will be no scandals around the sitiation.

That is a big disappointment for me too. I want to get off foreign oil as much and as soon as possible, but I don't want to ruin Alaska. I've never been there, but I know that it is not the kind of place we want to go screwing up like that. My aunt and uncle from Lincoln NE have a time share thing near Trinidad CO and the big business there is natural gas. There are a few pipe heads on that chunk of land, and an actual well just down the road about a hundred yards. The nice thing is that the natural gas company built really good roads to get in and out for everybody to use, but the bad thing is that there are trucks flying down them virtually 24 hours a day. When my parents and I went there with them a month or so ago I put my tent right near the road because it was flat and cactus free, and every night just as soon as I would start drifting to sleep a truck would go by waking me up. Not to mention those noisy gas powered pumps just down the road... And the clear cutting they've been doing...
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really don't care if they destroy Alaska. I'll probably never go there and it really makes no difference to me.

What I'm worried about is Alaska providing enough oil to last for decades to come and the energy companies losing the incentive to develop cost effective means of alternative energy.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Drilling somewhere else is only a temporary fix too. It will work great for the immediate future, but as we are seeing in the present day we will eventually run out again. And we'll be in the same predicament then as we are now, wondering how to get out of it.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

The difference is, that the shift will likely happen at the end or after my life time if we find more oil. I'd kinda like to be around to experience the shift. :)
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

you forgot one option for your poll, "Palin's faked pregnancy to cover for teenage daughter" - looks like its going to be the winner :roll:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/8/29 ... 417/579267
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Definitely didn't see that one coming.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm glad i'm not American and in a position to vote here. I like to vote when i can, so it would suck having to decide between Obama and McCain. There are things about them both i don't particularly like.

I'll also admit to not really know what the real purpose of a running mate is. Would this person end up being vice president?
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, SB, they would be the VP - and the VP is the person who would become president if something was to happen to POTUS. The expression is "...a hearbeat away from the presidency."

When FDR died, Truman became persident.
When Kennedy was assasinated, LBJ became president.
When Nixon resigned, Ford became president.

...etc.

The VP also presides over the senate and casts a deciding vote in the case of a tie.

The VP is also known as the president's attack dog.

I'm glad you're not voting here, too. :lol: j/k
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Prime wrote:
you forgot one option for your poll, "Palin's faked pregnancy to cover for teenage daughter" - looks like its going to be the winner :roll:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/8/29 ... 417/579267

Ha! That's...em...wow! I think I'll wait until the mainstream media starts picking up this one before I invest any belief. ;)
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

digitalMedia wrote:
I'm glad you're not voting here, too. :lol: j/k

If your reasoning behind that comment is because i didn't know the importance of the running mate then i can assure you that if i were American i would be paying more attention than i currently do.

In saying that, this election seems to be getting a whole load of media interest over here, so much so that we here more about American politics than we do out own. Infact, i am not joking when i say this but we see more of Obama on TV here talking to "us" than we do our own Prime Minister. Go figure.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool. I was really just kidding. I hope I didn't offend.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 101 posts