Employer test (as opposed to employee test)

• camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

Most companies have tests of some sort of test for prospective employees, be it PHP or C++ or HTML or accounting or whatever.

Knowing what you now know about your company, if you could re-do your interview, what test questions would you ask your company if YOU were the one interviewing THEM?
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here let me get the list started....since I don't mean general questions, I mean questions with attitude...as if they are begging you to work for them.

Example: Some companies ask for your previous income, so why not put on the test what their annual revenue is?

1) What is your company’s annual revenue?
2) Have you ever had a disgruntled employee leave the company on bad terms?
3) What is your average employee turnover?
4)

See where I am going with this? Sensitive stuff that nobody would answer but you wish you knew.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

4) What do you really mean when you say 'some weekend hours may occassionally be required?' - does 40 cut it during a normal week or not? (Watch out for Office-Space-type answers here)

5) Who would I be working with on a daily basis? Can I meet/talk with them about some current projects? (BA's, Proj. Mgmt., Dev team - a way to assess their code IQ)

6) What's the average percentage of annual raise for someone in my position?
  • bermuda
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bermuda

Post 3+ Months Ago

1) Would there be any possible perspectives for some business trips abroad?

2) Will I be able to do some special tasks by telecommuting or physical presence is always a must.
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

camperjohn wrote:
1) What is your company’s annual revenue?
2) Have you ever had a disgruntled employee leave the company on bad terms?
3) What is your average employee turnover?

I asked all of those in a most recent interview (and got answers). I also asked about the timeline of a current project as well as average turn around time for my portion. I asked how they're dealing with the current economic climate, what kind of client prospects they have in the pipe, etc.

Interviews need to be a two way deal. Its just as important for a company to have an employee without reservations as it is to have an employee who fits the position criteria. I say ask the hard hitting personal questions. If they won't answer then you probably don't want to work there anyway.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts