Excuse me while I have a redneck moment...

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Denny Hamlin just broke a 50-race winless streak in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and took the checkered flag at Pocono! My driver won! w00t! There will be celebration at MY house tonight!

• Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats kind of funny that the fed ex express car had a 50 race losing streak. He must have put on a brown shirt and shorts. Wait a minute! Fed ex...brown shirt and shorts...UPS...UPSGuy... That connection is too weird.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Haha, I actually started following Denny when I still worked with UPS just because he WAS the FedEx driver and it was his first year too, but I got attached to the idea so I stuck with him.

Off-topic note: Have you ever noticed the arrow in the FedEx logo? See it on the car between the 'E' and the 'x'? The gap makes the symbol - once you see it, you can't not see it. lol
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol:

never knew that about the fed ex logo. Don't think i'll be able to see the fed ex logo without seeing that now.

Don't know a whole lot about NASCAR, however i have heard of Denny Hamlin. I thought he was a good driver though.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

He's good - he's made NASCAR's version of the playoffs (the Chase) every year he's been up, but he's just been running consistent top 5's and 10's. He's been dominant in other races, only to have engine trouble or a blown tire, etc. He's a confidence racer and this should definitely help him.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've liked Denny since he started. re: the Arrow in the logo, I never paid attention to it. Actually it was hard to see on the car with the black background. Couldn't figure out what you were talking about. Had to look up a larger image of the logo on white to actually see it, and caught it instantly.

In the process found the story of it's creation. It's pretty cool
http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/000273.php
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Recently i had some of my photographs printed in one of the largest regional news papers in Scotland. Not quite a biggy, but still gratifying. To have a logo like this printed on planes, trucks, envelopes all over the world must be the best feeling in the world.

Good interview you linked there Mark.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts