• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I thought this was pretty funny.

http://www.techradar.com/news/internet/ ... ter-655373

Quote:
"69 million active users are using FarmVille alone, that's more users than Twitter."
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll probably get into that soon. I'm already hooked on the Restaurant City app.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will never understand why either of those are as big as they are. Are people really this bored?

Cannot stand either and the sooner they go away the better.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Speaking of Farmville, I bet out of all those millions of users Joebert was the only one to do Mario out of colored hay bales.

Attachments:
mario.jpg

btw Joe, I think those pumpkins have been dead since Halloween.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

No no no no no. Pointless game. Pointless, very very pointless. I think Farmville and Twitter are the two most annoying things on the web right now.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I bet out of all those millions of users Joebert was the only one to do Mario out of colored hay bales

So Joebert's going by Annamarie these days? Nice name! :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Obviously you don't "Farm". Annamarie is one of my facebook friends (Farmville neighbors). Her farm is next to Joe's lol.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
No no no no no. Pointless game. Pointless, very very pointless. I think Farmville and Twitter are the two most annoying things on the web right now.

^^ What he said.
  • ReformedSinner
  • Born
  • Born
  • ReformedSinner

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL. I play farmville and I know how fun & addicting it is :P
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

You know, a few may feel it's pointless, and let me tell you when I started playing Restaurant City, I told my girlfriend it was silly and pointless. I thought Farmville was even sillier. However, it's been 30 years since I was actually called upon to do any kind of real math and it is actually kind of challenging for me, to decide which plants are more profitable to plant, which yield the best ROI, how much real estate to invest in actual farm land vs. animals and fruit trees, not to mention the social network skills to really become successful.

Plus Farmville (as with most facebook games) are written in Flash, and it's interesting to try to figure out some of what they are doing.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I actually stole the idea of making pictures using colored hay bales as pixels from Spoof. :D

I quit playing because it was using Flash and Flash player breaks on 64-bit Linux every time Flash updates. It was getting frustrating to see that "You need Flash" message all the time.

I actually dumped 64-bit Ubuntu and went with 32-bit on this computer a few weeks ago so I shouldn't have anymore problems with Flash. I'll probably start playing again now that I think about it. :D
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
I quit playing because it was using Flash and Flash player breaks on 64-bit Linux every time Flash updates. It was getting frustrating to see that "You need Flash" message all the time.

Well for the record I have found that Flash breaks Vista Business and Windows 7 Pro when it tries to update too. Whenvever I try to play poker at UB or do any Facebook flash games when there's a flash update pending they crash and burn up to and including crashing Firefox and IE. After I reboot, I get the update Flash message and then all is well.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Another thing about Farmville is that it's displayed at Facebook using an <iframe>, the actual HTML and flash movie are coming from Farmvilles servers without Facebook being the middle-man.

If you're like me and have all plugins diabled by default, and use Operas per-site rules to enable it for specific sites, it can look like your Flash player is broken too.

I went through that the first time I tried playing it in Windows Vista and was 100% sure my Flash player was up to date and installed correctly.
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:

I actually dumped 64-bit Ubuntu and went with 32-bit on this computer a few weeks ago so I shouldn't have anymore problems with Flash.

Could be something in Ubuntu, cause I've had FC10-64 for about a year now, never any flash player problems, so it's not the actual adobe app. Of course, I don't play Farmville. But I have "kosmic Kuala" 32 and the flash seems fine there too.

Here's kind of a funny story about how some PR company paid the managers of Farmville, Mafia Wars, etc. to give players game money if they would sign an anti-health care petition.

http://www.prwatch.org/node/8756
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

its depressing to scan over all of the machines at my university library to see people spending time playing this god awful game, hogging perfectly good computers.

Facebook I can stand, people check it, log off, get on with work, but this seems to be something people spend most of their time on. Thank god i've never got into the facebook games saga. Something to do with the sluggishness and slow nature of what they attempt to do with the games.
  • henrinaiara
  • henrinaiara

Post 3+ Months Ago

i dont like farming.. i play poker :D

anyone play zynga poker?
  • alex89
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Western Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wrote a little desktop app to click automatically for me. I ran it daily, got a few million in the bank, then got bored. I then decided to make it into something more interesting. I've since made it look a lot better, but here's the concept:

You start in the middle, and try to find your way out to the right corner. The auto-walk feature only works for simple challenges, it can't do the maze on it's own.
  • confident_50
  • confident_50

Post 3+ Months Ago

YES FARMVILLE IS MY FAVORITE IN FACEBOOK
BUT AFTER PLAYING IT SO MANY TIMES I FEEL BORED.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts