Feel so small

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got a new job at a local Multimedia company called Image Works. I'm a Web Intern and basically I do what ever the other people in my group tell me to do. My work today basicly consisted of implementing a image resizing tool for one of their clients (Server upgraded to PHP 5 and something broke, never told me what errors were happening. I figured it out after I finished, just have to change one variable to make it work again). Also installed Web Premium CS3 on my little P4 512mb laptop I work on. After that I installed it on a MBP fully equipped. Also all the other people in the department work on G5's.

Fun job, even though it takes me forever to get anything done. I have to run everything through others in my group before I really do much of anything and they are all busy so It can take about 30 minutes to get a password. Lots of sitting around and waiting.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

good luck on the new job!! it's natural to feel a little dazed in the beginning - give it a few weeks and you'll start to feel right at home, especially as your new colleagues get a feel for your capacity and skill and start entrusting you with more serious tasks...

I remember when I first started working for my current boss, he used to check every comma in every letter I typed - now he lets me do whole mission reports and draft documents he should be writing, and barely looks at them before sending them on..... different job I know but I think the principles are the same :D

I like their website, though it's so minimalist at first I thought there was something missing.... but looks very professional. I think you'll have a good time there :D
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah yes, the days of just starting, I remember that feeling as if it were yesterday ... It passes pretty quickly though, so don't worry ... just have fun with your new job.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

If I was the boss, I would have no doubts letting you write the whole reports, celandine.

Spoof, my first job (full-time) was sales. It was terrible, after a few weeks I got used to it.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
If I was the boss, I would have no doubts letting you write the whole reports, celandine.

ha ha thanks, yeah he doesn't either... I do most of his work.

wish I were starting a new job... actually kinda envy you, spoof :D
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well my boss gave me a back burner project that I can work on when ever the other guys in my group have nothing for me to do. I'm programming an inventory system for all there CDs.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

good to have something to keep you busy. nothing worse than sitting in a new office staring at the walls....
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

SpooF wrote:
Well my boss gave me a back burner project that I can work on when ever the other guys in my group have nothing for me to do. I'm programming an inventory system for all there CDs.

I get the feeling they really like having you around. :D
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

How's the job going ?
Have they got you doing anything new and exciting ? :D
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The CD thing is probably a test...
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I finished the Inventory system and I started a new project. I was put in charge of creating a Client Portal (the jQuery stuff you helped me on). I pretty much have it done. I'm just waiting for them to get me some feed back on what they want changed. I'm leaving for college in two weeks so if they want me to get it complete finished to their specs they better give me the review soon :)

I've also been working on doing small updated for clients. Build a real simple portfolio script. I started out doing it all with a xml backbone for the data source. However this turned out to be to "complicated" for them to update. I thought it was fair straight forward, copy and and fill in the blanks. Ended up making a really sketchy file struchure based one. Basicly it just reads a file struchure and builds a dynamic page off of it for the portfolio. It works perfectly but its a real mess of code and I don't like it >.<

We are currently doing a project for a large company that most everyone knows. However, if I were to give any details out I would be in alot of trouble lol.

Still on my little laptop. I some how managed to run Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Illustrator (all CS3) all at the same time on it. I was very impressed.

I've been without sound for about 3 weeks now. It was really starting to bug me too. I had my ipod at work for a while but it died and I couldnt get it to charge. So I left it at home along with the head phones. turns out there is a volume control on the font of my laptop that I found that same day. So I had the volume, but no head phones to listen to music with.

Overall still really fun and the guys are work with are pretty cool. Last thursday they went out and bout nerf guns and started having some wars in our office. Its pretty crazy.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts