I'm finally in college!!!!!!

• mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good lord it took me long enough. Couldn't get fafsa due to a lack of parents and/or documentation of orphan. So I waited until I was 23 believing that's when I was concidered an independent. Psych!!! They pull information from the previous year so in their eyes I was 22. Good gracious, 4 years waiting and I'm just now in school. Well, at least now I've been teaching myself this stuff so long that it's easier then pie for me. Even my professors are asking me questions about why their stuff isn't working...hahahaa. Wish me luck guys!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good luck and congrats mindfullsilence!!!

:handsup:
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks a bunch dM. It's funny, today in my Web Design class the teacher was having trouble getting his stylesheet to work in the middle of his lecture. He tried for about a minute and a half before I told him it's because of the html comment within the <style> tag. His response:

"That shouldn't make a difference" as he deleted the comment, then all of a sudden it worked. "Well I guess it does today"

Please tell me he was just flustered or overwhelmed with the first day of school or something...I'd rather learn from the teacher then the teacher learn from me.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

One piece of advice. If you value your grades, and the money you're investing, don't join a frat.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

hahaha, agreed. I would much rather get drunk and party when I choose once in a while. Definitely don't want that around me 24/7...that'd get really annoying really quick.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Heh, don't think for one minute that you won't have temptation knocking every hour of the day just because you choose not to go greek. There's ALWAYS something better to do. It's not always so easy to spot distractions, either. Speaking from experience. I with in with a 3.8 and came out with a 3.7 so IMO, I did what I was there to do, but I still took a year out to straighten up and let the party scene leave me behind.

All that being said, good luck! You're in for some hella great times.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
One piece of advice. If you value your grades, and the money you're investing, don't join a frat.

What is a frat??
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

A frat is a fraternity, kind of like a club. They have the reputation of being drunken partiers but there are frats that actually focus on their school work.
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't forget to try the ACID as much as possible tho. :hmm:
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
A frat is a fraternity, kind of like a club. They have the reputation of being drunken partiers but there are frats that actually focus on their school work.

Thanks for the info.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:

Haha, oh come on. It aint that bad, you just have to have self control :lol:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts