Finally have power again since ice storm hit

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

So Winter is more or less done and Spring has come (or has it?).

The last couple of weeks we saw 3 of the hottest March days on record in the UK in a place not far away from here. It was great walking to work in just a shirt as temperatures hit a comfortable 23ºC (73.4ºF) for nearly 2 weeks.

I've never seen a winter go without any significant snowfall. I thought it was all done as we are now in April however i woke up this morning to the sight of cars passing by with inches of snow on them. All day we have quite literally had sun for 10 minutes, snow for 20 minutes, sun and clear skies for 30 minutes, and snow again.

The sky was almost black about 2 minutes ago, now it is sunny. I'm pretty much convinced that this country has sat below one of the wildest seasons where the warm air from the east and cold air from the north west has collided. It would explain the severe winds we had for weeks at the end of last year/beginning of this year. It might also explain why our winter has been majorly warm on comparison to most other winters. I've never witnessed a winter like this one.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 31 posts