Fire Water

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyone ever make it before?

My roommate and I found the recipe in a smoking cookbook (smoked ribs, pulled pork, etc). Basically you put about 3 or 4 split JalapeƱos in a bottle of vodka and let it set for three days, then strain it out and serve chilled. We just started a batch with a 750 of Three Olives.

The book recommends eating smoked cheddar while sipping it to soothe the throat. :D
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm. I've never personally tried it but it definitely sounds interesting. So is it an extremely spicy alcoholic beverage?
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

My uncle Troy in Montana knows a guy who makes wine out of everything that can ferment. He made a batch of jalapeno wine (different from the stuff you are making) and gave some to my uncle and my uncle let me have a sip. That was some spicy *plum*!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Trust me when I say a burning throat is the least of your worries.
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

They sell a local beer here in AZ called Cave Creek Chili Beer. Basically, it's a beer with a jalapeno in it. I love spicy food, but that stuff is completely out of the question. Last time we bought a six pack of it, it sat in our fridge for about a year. Every time we would crack one open, we could only make it through a few sips and then dump the rest out.

Hopefully your fire water doesn't turn out that spicy!

//I think I should talk to Chili Beer about a site redesign...
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

jameson5555 wrote:
Hopefully your fire water doesn't turn out that spicy!

Well, we threw a Habanero in for good measure, so.... yeah.

I'll let you know this Friday, lol
  • Evenhost
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im interested to hear how this turns out, sounds intense. Especially with Habanero's in it?!

Good luck!

Make sure to have a video camera ready to get reaction shot of the first person trying it ;)
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, we let it sit for three days like the recipe said. Three jalepenos in a 750 of vodka for three days. We threw in a habanero for good measure.

Here's a photo of it right before I took out the peppers and strained out the seeds and such:

Attachments:
img_6534.JPG

Fire Water

We're heading out to a Cinco de Mayo party tonight. We'll be bringing a surprise for unsuspecting party-goers. ;)
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Will you at least warn them? Because that could cause some serious pain if they took a drink unsuspecting anything out of the usual.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
We'll be bringing a surprise for unsuspecting party-goers.

You should really tell people what's in it before they drink it, some people are allergic to peppers.
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ive had a bloody mary made with a spicy vodka before. Tasted a bit odd, and would no doubt have burned tar off a street! :)

Pretty intense stuff.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't catch your throats on fire with that fiery fire water :lol:

Never tasted any alcoholic beverages and never will due to a liver disease that has being haunting me for all of my life, but I'm pretty sure that thing will be very spicy.

Also, post a vid of the very first reaction to it if you hadn't drank it yet.

BTW: At least tell them to take a very small sip. VERY small sip :lol:
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry guys, but it's all gone. Didn't get any pics or videos of people drinking it.

@Joe: I told people what it was before they tried it, so it was all... erm... "informed consent".

At the beginning of the night it went kind of slow, but as the night went on people actually started asking for it. I was a bit surprised.

My roommate and I were the first ones to drink it and it was actually pretty good. It didn't burn nearly as much as we thought it would; in fact, it tasted pretty good. We plan on making some more in the future.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh. Glad you liked it spork.
  • Evenhost
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
Well, we let it sit for three days like the recipe said. Three jalepenos in a 750 of vodka for three days. We threw in a habanero for good measure.

Here's a photo of it right before I took out the peppers and strained out the seeds and such:

img_6534.JPG

We're heading out to a Cinco de Mayo party tonight. We'll be bringing a surprise for unsuspecting party-goers. ;)

Did the peppers change the color at all or is the bottle giving it that slight green tint?
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, the peppers turned it a pale green. You'd think it would look disgusting, but it really looked pretty good.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts