Firefox crashed and reinstall is not working.

• northjersey78
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have no idea what happened...but my 3.0 version of Firefox wouldn't load so I open the older version still installed. Something got screwed up..and the bottom line is now it will not open at all - no matter which file I use I get an error message that Firefox has crashed and cannot restart. I uninstalled, cleared everything out and re-installed and still get the same message.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Uninstall it again, then search the registry for anything to do with firefox or mozilla and delete it. After that, install it again.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had quite a strange one yesterday: My dad uses my desktop computer for internet during the day when I'm at work, and yesterday he screwed something up with my FF3, when I opened up FF, all my bookmarks were gone, and my home page wouldn't load, even though I have a valid home page in the settings ... so after a quick restart everything was back to normal ...
  • asson
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • asson

Post 3+ Months Ago

You may use Opera. I think it is a good browser. What do you think?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Check the application log in your event viewer. It might give a clue what caused the crash. There should be a log entry or two for it as either a warning or an error.

//side note - don't forget pre-season NFL pool starts this week. Hope to see you back at BR this season. Hope things are well with you.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Firefox was being funny to me yesterday and the day before. Not bothered looking at it today and yet again i feel i have to use Safari/Opera as it remains the better alternative of late.

Firefox isn't the same as it used to be.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

You guys must really be playing hard with your firefoxes because mine has been running fine since the day I installed it. I've finally gotten use to the new look and feel.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here's a list of possible reasons for crashes.
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Firefox+crashes
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Mine is permantly running in safemode,

All my addons need to be re-installed everytime I open it....stupid FF.,,argee...

..I don't know what happened eiher.,,
  • northjersey78
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here is the error message:

Add-ons: bettergmail2@ginatrapani.org:0.5.2,{4be68a18-deba-49e0-9e09-ee7796f3b62a}:2.0.0.10,{2fa4ed95-0317-4c6a-a74c-5f3e3912c1f9}:2.0.72,{3112ca9c-de6d-4884-a869-9855de68056c}:3.1.20080605W,{e4a8a97b-f2ed-450b-b12d-ee082ba24781}:0.8.20080609.0,{77b819fa-95ad-4f2c-ac7c-486b356188a9}:1.5.20080618,{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}:3.0.1
BuildID: 2008070208
CrashTime: 1217977350
Email: mattbarone@gmail.com
InstallTime: 1216414145
ProductName: Firefox
SecondsSinceLastCrash: 349389
StartupTime: 1217977347
Theme: classic/1.0
URL:
UserID: 461846b5-9d7c-4486-a105-d0ed2328d679
Vendor: Mozilla
Version: 3.0.1

This report also contains technical information about the state of the application when it crashed.
  • northjersey78
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Never mind...I finally got it to start in safe mode, uninstalled some add-ins and now it works.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

yep. That's exactly what I was going to suggest. That's why I quit doing the add ons. Most have been buggy. Even iGoogle sometimes causes mine to crash
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea, i was going to suggest deleting the mozilla folder in your %appdata% folder
  • snail
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • snail

Post 3+ Months Ago

What I would like to do is have a separate installation for firefox 3.0 and keep my 2.00whatever. I have a few questions about this: Will updates be necessary?(I would think that there are some things which (perhaps security settings) would be updated to better function, but I don't know)

How do I maintain my profiles(keep them intact) AND separate from the firefox 3.0 installation?

Do these separate installations need different directories?

Can I put a .exe file AND run it from a USB flash drive?
(in connection with the above: Need the program already be installed on the computer I want to run them from?)
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

to my knowledge, whenever you run the program from different installations they create their own profiles automatically. what do you mean by 'will updates be necessary'?
yes, the separate installations need different directories.
you can install the program to a flash drive, you just wouldn't have any addons as those are stores in the profile created on the hard drive in the application data directory
  • snail
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • snail

Post 3+ Months Ago

"you can install the program to a flash drive, you just wouldn't have any addons as those are stores in the profile created on the hard drive in the application data directory" by this I am confused. Would you run the installation on the USB drive or on the computer?

I was wondering if there were still updates for firefox older versions when newer versions come out.
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, the program will update itself if there's an update. it doesn't matter where you install it, it'll try.
if firefox was installed on the flash drive, thats where you'd run it from..?
  • potchie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • potchie

Post 3+ Months Ago

firefox are all good to me..

ive been experienced same with your problem before.. i just uninstall it and used ccleaner and install it again..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts